Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been gone for about eleven years, but I'm glad to be back!

I just picked up a T and I have to say I'm enjoying the hell out of it. No, it doesn't sound like my 993; I also don't care! The chassis is just so good, and the standard performance bits really make for a great package.

I have to say, the base turbo four does not bother me one bit. It's pretty fun to keep it stirred up - very engaging. Of course, I am eyeing the tuning options because a little bump would make for a fairly perfect sports car. Then again, I'm tempted to just leave it alone because it is quite fun as is.

My old '07 987 CS broke me of any horsepower fixation long ago. Well...I do have a 500+ horse in the stable, but my reasons for having that particular car go well beyond speed I cannot sensibly use.

Anyway, any other "tourers" 'round here?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I love the T, I would seriously consider if something would happen to my 987.2, post a picture

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the T, I would seriously consider if something would happen to my 987.2, post a picture
It's definitely something to consider! Mine is loaded up, but I got a really good deal on it, mostly because of the manual and the color. I wouldn't have anything but a manual and I love yellow, so... :) I would have ended up spending more to spec a car the way I would have (more basic but with full buckets, which I understand are a PITA), so I said why not?!

At any rate, it's a pretty good value when not full of options. Good, simple (if that word can really be used to describe any car now) sports car with perfectly adequate power. Cornering prowess is stupid good. Looked at quite a few other options, but this was less expensive - in some cases by a wide margin - and it just excited me more than anything else I was checking out.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
That is a beautiful car, my first cayman was yelllow, I really miss the yellow, you need to take that car to the track to enjoy those full buckets.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a beautiful car, my first cayman was yelllow, I really miss the yellow, you need to take that car to the track to enjoy those full buckets.
I have 18-ways; I would have spec'ed full buckets had I ordered the car, but I really loved this car when I drove it, the seats are probably much better for semi-daily use, the deal I got was great, and I'm impatient!

This is my first yellow car, and I'm so happy about that! Years ago, when I bought my Atlas Grey Cayman S, I was between that and a Yellow Carrera 2 they had. Same dealer and again largely because of the color of the 911, another great deal. All things considered, negligible price difference, but I thought the CS had better dynamics, so I went with it...but I thought that yellow 997 just looked fantastic and I've wanted a yellow car ever since. I looked at several yellow Ferraris and my wife told me I'd have to sleep in them if I bought them so black it is :LOL: She saw this one and said, "Oh, I really like yellow Porsches!" OK, cool. I finally have my yellow car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up a 2021 Cayman T, Guards Red, manual, and bucket seats. Lovely to drive and lots of fun. I prefer the 2.0 engine and actually using the engine in normal driving, without fearing for loss of license. So far, having check engine lights to deal with, but the car is fun anyway. BTW, those buckets are a pain for normal daily use and would have preferred the 18 way seats, but it was there and ready to go. Seats are comfortable, just nothing in the back pockets of jeans, and don't let others watch me get in and out..... Still under 1000 miles, so still getting to know the car.

So far, much better than my 05 997 C2. And not as big as the new 992.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just picked up a 2021 Cayman T, Guards Red, manual, and bucket seats. Lovely to drive and lots of fun. I prefer the 2.0 engine and actually using the engine in normal driving, without fearing for loss of license. So far, having check engine lights to deal with, but the car is fun anyway. BTW, those buckets are a pain for normal daily use and would have preferred the 18 way seats, but it was there and ready to go. Seats are comfortable, just nothing in the back pockets of jeans, and don't let others watch me get in and out..... Still under 1000 miles, so still getting to know the car.

Yup, the size of the 718 is perfect.

I think I may have seen your car when I was perusing Autotrader...? Likely as there aren't that many out there!

I was thinking of ordering with the buckets, but I heard exactly what you describe. This car is replacing a very cool but not very ergonomically friendly Ferrari with F40 seats that my wife couldn't stand to ride in, so... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on the new 'T'. I too am looking at one. I'm curious on what type of engine check lights are you getting?

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
The lease on my Macan will be up in less than a year. I'm going to the Porsche dealership today to talk about getting a T sometime in the future. I like how they are equipped.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lease on my Macan will be up in less than a year. I'm going to the Porsche dealership today to talk about getting a T sometime in the future. I like how they are equipped.
That is certainly what sold me. The overall "ethic" is just so appealing to me.

I told my salesman friend that the T is hands down the best car I have owned. He said, "Well, considering all the cars you have had, that says a lot!"

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
That is certainly what sold me. The overall "ethic" is just so appealing to me.

I told my salesman friend that the T is hands down the best car I have owned. He said, "Well, considering all the cars you have had, that says a lot!"
I've had a 911, a 924, a 986, a 987, a 987.1, 3 981s, and a Macan. When I get the T I hope I can say what you said about your T.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't decide between yellow and white. I officially placed my order today for a white one but I can change the color this week.
white is more widely loved, but yellow has a special place in many peoples heart. Yellow is more “HELLO” where white is more “Hey.” Haha. Are you a Hello or Hey person?

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
white is more widely loved, but yellow has a special place in many peoples heart. Yellow is more “HELLO” where white is more “Hey.” Haha. Are you a Hello or Hey person?
I'm a "Hey" person. I e-mailed my salesman and said that I would keep the order white. Besides, my first Porsche was white.

I also love black! Your car is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts

When my car finally gets here in December I will be 75. My getting in and out will be quite a sight.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
I saw a white 718 Cayman T driving around Palo Alto last evening! Is it owned by anyone on the forum?

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just picked up mine. Black on black. Love it!

View attachment 274167
My 993 and Ferrari 575 are both black/black. I'm a HUGE fan of black cars, but the yellow T just makes me extra happy when I get in it!

Your car is absolutely stunning!

I have come to the conclusion that the 718 is by far my favorite modern offering across the board. The balance of aesthetics, performance, and usability is pretty tough to beat.

·
Registered
2004 BMW 330i ZHP, 2011 BMW 1M Coupe, 2017 GTI
81 Posts
My name was entered into the Porsche system today for a Yellow manual Cayman T. I also drove it for the first time and it is a great car. Just like the poster, I liked the amount of power and so much about it. I have never cared for Porsche engine sounds so the sound doesn't bother except maybe during cold start but even the awesome sounding E90 M3 V8 sounds terrible on cold start. I think the Cayman T is the sweetspot for American roads. Truly impressed.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts