Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gone for about eleven years, but I'm glad to be back!

I just picked up a T and I have to say I'm enjoying the hell out of it. No, it doesn't sound like my 993; I also don't care! The chassis is just so good, and the standard performance bits really make for a great package.

I have to say, the base turbo four does not bother me one bit. It's pretty fun to keep it stirred up - very engaging. Of course, I am eyeing the tuning options because a little bump would make for a fairly perfect sports car. Then again, I'm tempted to just leave it alone because it is quite fun as is.

My old '07 987 CS broke me of any horsepower fixation long ago. Well...I do have a 500+ horse in the stable, but my reasons for having that particular car go well beyond speed I cannot sensibly use.

Anyway, any other "tourers" 'round here?

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I love the T, I would seriously consider if something would happen to my 987.2, post a picture

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the T, I would seriously consider if something would happen to my 987.2, post a picture
It's definitely something to consider! Mine is loaded up, but I got a really good deal on it, mostly because of the manual and the color. I wouldn't have anything but a manual and I love yellow, so... :) I would have ended up spending more to spec a car the way I would have (more basic but with full buckets, which I understand are a PITA), so I said why not?!

At any rate, it's a pretty good value when not full of options. Good, simple (if that word can really be used to describe any car now) sports car with perfectly adequate power. Cornering prowess is stupid good. Looked at quite a few other options, but this was less expensive - in some cases by a wide margin - and it just excited me more than anything else I was checking out.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
That is a beautiful car, my first cayman was yelllow, I really miss the yellow, you need to take that car to the track to enjoy those full buckets.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a beautiful car, my first cayman was yelllow, I really miss the yellow, you need to take that car to the track to enjoy those full buckets.
I have 18-ways; I would have spec'ed full buckets had I ordered the car, but I really loved this car when I drove it, the seats are probably much better for semi-daily use, the deal I got was great, and I'm impatient!

This is my first yellow car, and I'm so happy about that! Years ago, when I bought my Atlas Grey Cayman S, I was between that and a Yellow Carrera 2 they had. Same dealer and again largely because of the color of the 911, another great deal. All things considered, negligible price difference, but I thought the CS had better dynamics, so I went with it...but I thought that yellow 997 just looked fantastic and I've wanted a yellow car ever since. I looked at several yellow Ferraris and my wife told me I'd have to sleep in them if I bought them so black it is :LOL: She saw this one and said, "Oh, I really like yellow Porsches!" OK, cool. I finally have my yellow car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts