Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone really heavily recommending gTechniq for my car. While it sounds really good I am concerned about whether it is really good for a couple of years. I have read some postings on other forums that indicated it only lasted for a short while and then the finish was actually worse for the wear, and a few other postings that said they had just applied it and liked it. I know it is expensive but if it really kept the car fantastic for a couple of years that would be great. I also realize that it is totally dependent on ensuring that the paint is expertly prepared prior to application.

I did a search here and found a few mentions but no "longer term" report. So I hope someone here has used gTechniq or something similar and can chime in.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Save your money.Even with coatings and sealers the paint still picks up mirco scratches ect. Over the years ive tried a lot of them and the cost/reward ratio just isn't there. Your still better off buying a good orbital and learning how to maintain the finish your self. Once you get the paint in shape you can put on your favorite sealant in 45 minutes. I like Black fire wet diamond goes on and comes off easy holds up for months. A bottle is $40 and you can get 10-15 applications out of it. So its about $4 per coat. carl

·
Registered
617 Posts
I used Pinnacle Black Diamond coating on my wife's brilliant black Audi. It has a glassy shine to it that really works well with the color. However, I have found that I need to add the Booster spray to keep the beading and sheeting where it should be. However, when using a coating, prep is very, very important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts