Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that TPC Racing makes a PDK cooler, but I'm curious what other companies make one. For the guys who have built their 987.2 Cayman S PDK cars, which PDK cooler did you purchase?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I know that TPC Racing makes a PDK cooler, but I'm curious what other companies make one. For the guys who have built their 987.2 Cayman S PDK cars, which PDK cooler did you purchase?
Currently researching the same thing for my '12 Cayman R. At the moment, I'd say BGB (Welcome to BGB Motorsports) offers the best cooler which has been proven reliable with extensive track testing. The BGB cooler actually cools the LSD and spider gear, and with a front mount cooler, it moves some of the heat out from the very hot engine/gearbox area of the Cayman. I will certainly install a PDK cooler before track season takes off and BGB is what I'll likely purchase.

Cheers,
DJM

·
Registered
857 Posts
Currently researching the same thing for my '12 Cayman R. At the moment, I'd say BGB (Welcome to BGB Motorsports) offers the best cooler which has been proven reliable with extensive track testing. The BGB cooler actually cools the LSD and spider gear, and with a front mount cooler, it moves some of the heat out from the very hot engine/gearbox area of the Cayman. I will certainly install a PDK cooler before track season takes off and BGB is what I'll likely purchase.

Cheers,
DJM
BGB for sure!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am installing a BGB cooler right now, all top quality components, pre-made lines. It is not a trivial job, but it has been proven on many race and track cars. I will try to get an install article worked up soon.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I am installing a BGB cooler right now, all top quality components, pre-made lines. It is not a trivial job, but it has been proven on many race and track cars. I will try to get an install article worked up soon.

Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Would be most helpful if you can post some info about your install -- I am trying to judge what I'll need to do this myself.

Thanks!
DJM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts