Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the sponser here, finally planned to go for the speedART exhaust.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Stephen from GMP performance can help you out! He has a good reputation based on the feedback of this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent GMP an email and still no reply.

I missed the group buy but would really like to get a hold of the exhaust for my gen II.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just realized I sent an email to Cameron and not Stephen.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Why not wait another few weeks and see what the Remus exhaust offers, especially given the group buy should be pretty good?

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I'm looking for the sponser here, finally planned to go for the speedART exhaust.
Doc, you do know you're going to have to remove your exhaust and put the standard one back on for service or any work at the dealer....unless somehow you can persuade them to not void your warranty. My feeling is though that every dealer has had big pressure put on them by Porsche Middle East to not allow any mods on cars.

Not that it is expensive over here to pay a shop to change it when needed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Speedart system and FVD’s system are both manufactured by M&M and are essentially the same system. Do a search and you will see some reviews mentioning Speedart and FVD. You will also find that Rhonda from FVD provides excellent service and there is a link to FVD's site on the sponsor list.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dune: I'm aware of that, thank god my friend has a garage and can do that in 10minutes :)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Dune: I'm aware of that, thank god my friend has a garage and can do that in 10minutes :)
He might need more than 10 minutes...but that's great for you and is definately the route I'd go if I still had warranty.

If the SpeedART and FVD are made by M&M then maybe you're interested that there's a FVD dealer here in Dubai.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
DuneBasher,
After giving it a lot of thinking, I decided not to renew/extend my car's warranty next month. IMO I trust Porsche manufacture cars that are unlikely to break down (AMEN) + the only thing that appealed to me about extending the warranty was that I can sell my car back to the dealer (or through the dealer) and I have no plans to do so for the coming three years.

Doctor Kareem,
Tell me exactly what mods are you planning so we can do so jointly if possible as I could be driving my "mistress" to Bahrain soon. ;)

PS The only mod that I am really interested in is the TPC Racing kit but I simply trust no shop with my Porsche, especially after reading what that poor guy went through in the UAE with his shop!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dune: Do you mind calling them and asking them what they offer + prices?

Haaassan: Exhaust, plenum, softronic... period.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Around 8500 AED for Fabspeed catback system, but this price includes installation and so if you were to go for it then it would be cheaper. The Fabspeed dealer is here is Home and carry stock for the gen 1 cars but would need to order for gen 2.

I'm waiting for FVD pricing.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To be honest, the fabspeed is too quiet for my taste.

Let's see what FVD say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts