Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Site sponsor GMP Performance in Charlotte, NC. Depending on where you live in NC, it might be short drive for you, although they drop shipped my order, so they may not stock anything locally.

·
Registered
664 Posts
They are in Irvine, I was just there. The problem is very simple...they are really, really slow getting product over. This is from the guys working for TA here in the US. but they will get it...just have to be very patient.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
TechArt USA guys didn't answer my technical questions. Small B/W photos and poorly translated (and little on why to do things in a specific order) lead to issues and uncertainty. Fortunately, I figured out my rear spoiler lift issue on my own.

I am still holding off installing their front splitter/spoiler lip as the factory Cayman splitter has to be cut up to mate with the Techart parts yet a Boxster splitter does not need such surgery. The instructions for Boxster/Cayman are interleaved, confusing and pictures are small and useless. I recently ordered an extra splitter just in case I cut it wrong - as once you cut it, it is done and you can't go back to stock. If cut poorly, you can't use it for the TechArt piece and you are messed up good.

Of course I am in no hurry as the car is in Florida and it may be a month before I get it back in my hands, but I hope to be fully ready for the install at that time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts