Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The EVO Car of the Year. A better Cayman than the Cayman? Time to find out!

AutoSportDesigns in Huntington, Long Island will be hosting a cocktail party this Friday evening introducing the car to the US market.

Then on Saturday its test drive time!

Please RSVP for either or both events to Mariann Scavuzzo at [email protected] or contact her directly at (631) 425-1555.

Hope to see you all there!

AutoSportDesigns.Com Press Release: Lotus Retailer

·
Registered
446 Posts
Pete... I actually got a postcard last week for an invite to the intro party for the Evora at Auto Sport this weekend 11/20,21. did not know they became a Lotus dealer. the only Lotus dealer I knew of on L.I. is out east in Westhampton. I forgot to mention this today to you guys. anyone else get one of these ?

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Count me in. This is too good an opportunity to pass up.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should thank gonzo for bringing this to my attention at brunch today.

Don't worry V man, I'm sure there will be more events in the future! :hilarious:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pete... I actually got a postcard last week for an invite to the intro party for the Evora at Auto Sport this weekend 11/20,21. did not know they became a Lotus dealer. the only Lotus dealer I knew of on L.I. is out east in Westhampton. I forgot to mention this today to you guys. anyone else get one of these ?

Any MSRP posted yet????:thanks:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should I attend this or the Cayman tech session in NJ on Saturday? Can anyone point out some nice roads to drive on Long Island after this event is over?

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
I should thank gonzo for bringing this to my attention at brunch today.

Don't worry V man, I'm sure there will be more events in the future! :hilarious:

It was't me. I just remembered to send the information.;)

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,854 Posts
I'm interested, and may drag my brother along for a test drive (he owns a Turbo Esprit SE.) I'd be really interested to see the 124 racing version.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Any Prices yet?????
Not that I know of. It'll be the first this we'll ask about if nothing comes up by next weekend.
This is from their web site:

http://www.autosportdesigns.com/Sales/

2010 LOTUS EVORA

--We are currently accepting orders for February 2010 delivery, please contact us to pick particular colors and place your order…
The Lotus Evora is the world’s only production mid-engined 2+2 sports car.
The all-new, multiple award winning 2010 Lotus Evora is one of those truly exceptional automobiles that only come along once in a very long while. Thankfully, US and Canadian driving enthusiasts and car aficionados don't have too much longer to wait as the Evora will become available in early 2010 and it will be very competitively priced starting at just $73,500 in the US market.
$73,500.00 MSRP + Added Options

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
The owner of this establishment used to service our first 944 back in the day. He also used to be a frequent participant at the track out in Bridgehampton some have asked about recently. He even ran with one of the Porsche teams in the Rolex 24 at Daytona in 2007 and the IMSA GT3 Cup series, if i recall correctly. Tom has vast experience in the world of Porsche motorsports along with other exotic and collectible automobiles. Autosport is a reputible dealer and has a modest yet amazing collection of vintage cars. Well worth the trip..

Huntington and the surrounding areas have some nice backroads. The cocktail party sounds nice as well on Friday night. And since it is not far from Huntington village, there are other great places to stop by for a bite to eat aftewards, if the night is still young.

i think we should all meet for the cocktail party... :banana:

RSVP - Mariann Scavuzzo at [email protected] or (631) 425-1555.

(August 2009 issue Porsche Post, page 28.. or any issue, inside front cover)

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
I'll be at both the cocktail party and the test drive. See you then. Maybe PistolPete can arrange to work out of the Queens office on Friday.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably won't be able to make the party, the drive and traffic 2 days in a row are a bit much.

Definitely on for the test drive on Saturday however! Planet-9 can have an "exclusive" review and photos of this new car.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Cocktail Party Fri. 11/20 6:00 - 9:30PM
  1. gonzo
  2. NYPorscheChik
  3. jxreef

Test Drives Sat. 11/21 10:00AM to 6:00PM
  1. PistolPete
  2. gonzo
  3. V Man
  4. croc'ed
  5. jxreef

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just to give you guys and gals a heads up re. the test drives on Saturday. When I was in touch with Tom and Mariann 2 weeks ago the test drives were being set up by appointment. My drive is at 10AM and they were expected to fill up pretty quickly so check with Mariann ASAP to see if there are any times still open before taking a long drive and then being disappointed.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up Marc. I just shot off an email to them.

No biggie for me, I'll try one of them Elise/Exiges. I'm very curious as to how they feel on the road.

And meeting up with the Long Island crew is never a disappointment! ;)

The bridge toll on the VZ bridge is cheaper then the damn Jersey bridges for me, so you guys win by default and are my new buddies! :hilarious:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts