Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting here putting together a Beatles' playlist (love the Beatles), and I thought it would be cool to make a playlist of songs when each Beatle was solo. I always felt Lennon's lyrics were deeper, more profound and more inspiring. But after playing a bunch of McCartney's songs, I think I like his stuff better. The lyrics are much shallower, but the musicality, I feel, is stronger than Lennon's. Harrison's stuff is good, but there's so little of it. Ringo had a couple good tunes, but, let's face it, he doesn't compare to the other three.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
George Harrison was the best musician IMO. Love the Beatles. Played drums in a “surfer band” in high school. When the Fab Four came along, it changed everything. We ALL went British rock/pop. My favorite British group is The Hollies, though. My son (also a Beatles fan) is a professional touring/studio musician (1 Grammy & 2 MTV “moonman” awards) who lives in Nashville (on US/Canadian tour right now with a band I won’t name). Owns the Ludwig snare drum Ringo used on 1st Ed Sullivan show appearance. He has a huge snare drum collection. All on display in his Nashville recording studio.

·
Registered
245 Posts
George Harrison was the best musician IMO. Love the Beatles. Played drums in a “surfer band” in high school. When the Fab Four came along, it changed everything. We ALL went British rock/pop. My favorite British group is The Hollies, though. My son (also a Beatles fan) is a professional touring/studio musician (1 Grammy & 2 MTV “moonman” awards) who lives in Nashville (on US/Canadian tour right now with a band I won’t name). Owns the Ludwig snare drum Ringo used on 1st Ed Sullivan show appearance. He has a huge snare drum collection. All on display in his Nashville recording studio.
Yes, very cool. I always liked Paul the best though as usual I don't think I was in the majority.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ringo was my favorite. I was also a drummer. I have seen his All Star Band 4 times.
I have been to McCartney and Wings concerts twice.
John was the best artist.
The only time I ever saw George was in 1964 when my wonderful father took his 9 year old son to the stadium in KC.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
John was my least favorite Beatle. I found Paul and Ringo to have "catchier" songs, and George to be more talented and more profound, for lack of a better word. However, I am a bigger fan of the Stones and the Kinks from that era, and talent-wise, they all take second place to Clapton and his various groups.

Reactions: Silber9r

·
Registered
607 Posts
John was my least favorite Beatle. I found Paul and Ringo to have "catchier" songs, and George to be more talented and more profound, for lack of a better word. However, I am a bigger fan of the Stones and the Kinks from that era, and talent-wise, they all take second place to Clapton and his various groups.
Can't leave out Duane Allman. Love this old song that Clapton later covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6SlJIk-7Q

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTFvAvsHC_Y

Guess I like Paul as fav Beatle, Blackbird is special.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Definetly a C L A P T O N fan.
Played a lot of Cream covers in my day.
But George Harrison is still my favorite Beatle. As a drummer, never thought much of Ringo’s style, particularly his slow 1/4 note kick drum foot. ...but he was solid, and he was Ringo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts