Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of not doing bucket seats so I can install a child seat that two times per year my daughter wants to go on a ride... not sure its worth skipping the LBS though.

If you're not getting LBS, why?

·
Registered
245 Posts
My son is older and the LBS are fine for us. But if he were younger, I'm quite sure I would enjoy having him in the car much more than I would enjoy the cool looking seats!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
I did them mainly for resale even though i do track days. I have the 2 way sport plus in my 15 CS and there very good vs the 14way sports in my 14 CS. They are not going to have the lateral support of the LWB. If its mainly a street car save your self 5k and get the std sport+s. I only have three options on my GT4 build, LWB,Sirius,auto climate. Without the seats my build would be 87K. On resale i think the seats are going to be worth $1-2k . Then again what do i know.?I buy high and sell low! carl

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It's hard to put a precise dollar value on the Sport Bucket seats in used Cayman Rs and Boxtser Sypders, but a car with them is generally deemed more desirable (all other things being equal) than one without. Buying them used (without a car) will set you back in the neighborhood of $6k. If I were in the market for an R or a Spyder, I'd pay $5k more for one with Sport Buckets without blinking. Fast forward a couple of years, and I'd be highly surprised if LBS seats in used GT4s don't have the same cachet and value.

Reactions: cbdoc and Mike R.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I did them mainly for resale even though i do track days. I have the 2 way sport plus in my 15 CS and there very good vs the 14way sports in my 14 CS. They are not going to have the lateral support of the LWB. If its mainly a street car save your self 5k and get the std sport+s. I only have three options on my GT4 build, LWB,Sirius,auto climate. Without the seats my build would be 87K. On resale i think the seats are going to be worth $1-2k . Then again what do i know.?I buy high and sell low! carl
I wouldn't have bought my "R" without buckets. Rs with buckets were priced much higher because of the lack of availability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was thinking about not doing buckets because my daughter (4 yrs old) likes to go for a ride sometimes. If I can put car seat in buckets then I will order buckets. What about bigger guys? I am a 38 waist, not sure if I'll be comfortable.

·
Registered
141 Posts
For the moment, I am not including the buckets in my order. Want to sit in them first, especially since this car will see a ton of road use.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am a single dad, so where I go, my kid follows. Don't want to be restricted from driving a GT4 because of seats. Would seriously take the fun out of the car having to arrange a sitter to just go driving. At her age and growth chart projections, I'd be restricted for 2-3 years.

I spec'd the buckets but begrudging will now delete it. Will grab a few more options now instead. Funny to say it, but my kid just saved me $5k.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am a single dad, so where I go, my kid follows. Don't want to be restricted from driving a GT4 because of seats. Would seriously take the fun out of the car having to arrange a sitter to just go driving. At her age and growth chart projections, I'd be restricted for 2-3 years.

I spec'd the buckets but begrudging will now delete it. Will grab a few more options now instead. Funny to say it, but my kid just saved me $5k.
Spec the buckets and find a used stock passenger seat left over from a track car conversion. Pretty sure the 987.2 seats fit and of course 981 seats fit. Switch the bucket back in when she's old enough.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you know the porsche car seat works with the bucket..at least thats what the parts dept told me... i have the 18 way seats..

Lemon
All very good info. If the Porsche car seat works, I'll be extremely happy! Anyone can confirm this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not getting them. Car is just for the street. Seats are nearly 5% of the total value of the car, just changes the balance of the car from a good deal to over optioned. Stock seats are plenty good, good enough for my GT3.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey, that's what I do too! Buy high and sell low!!! Didn't know there was someone else who did the same!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Bucket seats all the way on a GT-4. The GT-4 is a track focused car for people who will track their car often. It's all about staying in place in your seat while on the turns at high speeds.
The current GT-2 bucket seats are $9250 new on sale at Suncoast. Used at 6K and then you will have used seats in a new car. So they are best as a lower cost option now when ordering and will be a premium at time of resale. That is why they are standard on a GT3RS. For those who buy a GT-4 as a DD or as their only car, I have to say that the GT-4 will not fit all of your needs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts