Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've used anything from RACV to Porsche insurance for my Porsches over the years. When you don't have a claim, they are all the same. But I suspect when you do, Porsche insurance will come out on top.

·
Registered
151 Posts
USAA for 25 years. Superior service, reasonable pricing, cost actually decreased slightly from an '04 S2000 to a new '08 Cayman S. USAA has eligibility requirements however, generally some association with the military. Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.... in the process of deciding who to go for...got quotes from porsche and RACQ...which RACQ was about 200 bucks cheaper

4by4...could you tell me which is prestige?? I cant seem to find it online..

Capercat...am in BNE...just a base cayman pdk white with black boxster s wheels..picking up sometime next wk

now the other question left is....clear bra or not.....ummmmm decisions decisions....http://www.planet-9.com/members/capercat-11670.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
Shannons - wouldn't be with anyone else.

All insurers are the same when you buy it - you can only sort them out when its time to make a claim - believe me, don't go with the cheapest - compare fully all the PDS's first!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
USAA for 25 years. Superior service, reasonable pricing, cost actually decreased slightly from an '04 S2000 to a new '08 Cayman S. USAA has eligibility requirements however, generally some association with the military. Dave
You do realize the OP is located in Australia where USAA doesn't exist, right?

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
In fairness he didn't ask for a recommendation in AUS jsut who they used. ;)
Yes, in the "Australia and Down Under" forum. One should be able to reasonably deduce that he wasn't asking for recommendations for insurers in the USA or the UK or Kazakhstan. It's a waste of time to have to wade through posts that contribute nothing to the thread.

All I am saying is to think a little bit more before posting. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Guys;
I'm a new Aussie Porsche owner to be, I've ordered a new Boxter and was told this week it has been built and should be here by Dec. It's my first Porsche and I'm trying to come to grips with the Porsche world.

My current choice for insurer is Porsche, underwritten by Calliden Insurance Ltd which comes in at $2.5k. I'm 38 with a spotless record (last 5 yrs anyway). How does this stack up and is there anyone with experience dealing with Calliden Insurance Ltd?

Aussie relevant would be nice :D

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Yes, in the "Australia and Down Under" forum. One should be able to reasonably deduce that he wasn't asking for recommendations for insurers in the USA or the UK or Kazakhstan. It's a waste of time to have to wade through posts that contribute nothing to the thread.

All I am saying is to think a little bit more before posting. Nothing wrong with that.

Some just don't care unless they can add their :2cents: and up their post count.

Just like I just did. ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I use USAA, had them since high school since Dad is a West Pointer. Six month premium on the Boxster is $285 in Virginia with full converage. I think that is a great deal! They have always been helpful and even work with my favorite body shop, Wagon Work (specialize in Porsches and they do fantastic work).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.