Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its pretty clear that the 911 part of Planet 9 is not as busy as the Cayman/Boxster side. So 911'ers out there, why do you hang out around here? Do you think the site could be as popular with 911 owners as with the Cayman crowd?

For me, I became acquainted with the site when it was the Cayman Club and I had my first Cayman. At the time, this was THE place for any information about the Cayman. It was very will run and extremely helpful for mod tips and learning anything you wanted to know about your car. Now I drive a 911 and still drop in here first if I have a question I need answered. The other 911 sites are not the same...hard to describe but this site just seems to work really well.

What about other 911 folks out there...what is it that brings you back here?

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Registered
344 Posts
For me it's the forum with the most activity. Also threads are not only just technical but also light hearted and fun.
Some of the issues or discussions could apply to any Porsche model as well so it keeps me updated.
And most importantly it's tapatalk friendly unlike some of the other forums with their own apps that seem to crash all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
Started on P9 as a Cayman owner (my first P car). While I am now an outcast and traitorous 911 owner ;), I like the vibe on this site and enjoy the conversation. I drop in on the other places where 911 conversations are more 'prevalent' but this is always my first stop for things Porsche.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I have a 911 and a Cayman. The Cayman came first, and I started hanging here before purchasing it in 2012. There's lots of Cayman and Boxster info, and also generic car talk. Discussion is mostly genial and respectful, and the site is well moderated...not the case on other car sites, Rennlist specifically.

When the Cayman came out, the site filled a gap in the online Porsche forum community. I doubt at this stage of the game it would be possible to bring the number of users and threads on the 911 side of the house up to the same level as Caymans/Boxsters without a long-term marketing and user acquistion campaign. I recall when scouting about for 987.2 info, this site kept popping up in searches. When searching for info/products for my 997.2, Rennlist appears frequently.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It's an active forum and most of the posts are interesting and informative. The moderators are excellent and keep things going well. As said above, a lot of the posts could apply to any P car and it tends to be less technical than some of the other forums.

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think it's mostly 911 owners that were previously cayman owners, like myself. Personally, I thought the branding was stronger here when it was just boxster and caymans. Either way, the people that come to this 911 forum are almost all active on rennlist, which has a lot more 911 owners.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
....or the opposite, I have had 911's but am thinking of trading for a CGTS

QUOTE=iremembercliford;934684]I think it's mostly 911 owners that were previously cayman owners, like myself. Personally, I thought the branding was stronger here when it was just boxster and caymans. Either way, the people that come to this 911 forum are almost all active on rennlist, which has a lot more 911 owners.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be interesting to post that last thought on Rennlist :) The CGTS looks to be really something.

For me, one issue with other 911 forums is the depth of the number years/models. You get a bit lost with 50 years of history if you have a newer car. It feels that the spread is not so much here, since many are coming from a Cayman likely to the same year or newer 911.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It would be interesting to post that last thought on Rennlist :) The CGTS looks to be really something.

For me, one issue with other 911 forums is the depth of the number years/models. You get a bit lost with 50 years of history if you have a newer car. It feels that the spread is not so much here, since many are coming from a Cayman likely to the same year or newer 911.
There are sub forums for each generation in rennlist, and even separating out the GT models (not GTS). That's one of the reasons this forum will never be as popular with 911 owners. I like that this is a special place for cayman and boxster owners, though I do find many owners here are far more close minded about other models than 911 owners. 911 owners on rennlist readily admit they'd love a mid engine car above the 911.

Reactions: michael818

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Reactions: Tiggz
1 - 12 of 12 Posts