Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TireRack should fix this problem.

When I go on the website I put in my car '07 Cayman with 18" wheels it doesn't recommend the OE tires that came with the car - Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 265/40 ZR N3

Instead it only shows Bridgestones and Continentals.

If I try and select the PS2 for my car it only offers the N4 not the N3 and says "The following tire you have selected has a higher load rating than the vehicle's Original Equipment (O.E.) tires. This typically results in increased ride harshness, which some customers may find undesirable."

Why in the world doesn't it sell this very common tire that thousands of us got with our cars? I don't want the Pilot Sport PS3, I don't want the N4 version of the PS2 and I'm only replacing my 2 rear tires so I certainly don't want to switch brands.

What gives? :dance:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
hawc, I gave them a call today to double check an order spec before purchase. no waiting on the phone to navigate an electronic answering machine either. they were very helpful and went out of their way to check with their Cayman drivers before calling me back to confirm. if you told them your experience it would not surprise me they had a reason for it; or would attend to it pronto. good luck.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the N4 version has replaced the N3 version.
If that's the case than that's great. But the way the warning is worded on the pop up screen it makes it seem like the N4 version is going to result in increased ride harshness. Tire Rack clearly recommends against it on their website.

Funny thing is even when I pick the N3 version (which came on all our cars if we got Michelins in '07) it says it's the wrong version!

That's what's weird.

I'm sure a call will clear everything up. But I just think it's unfortunate that the website would be wrong and no longer recommend the very tire that came on our cars from the Porsche factory Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 265/40 ZR18!

:hilarious:

·
Registered
786 Posts
It is not that we do not recommend the OE N spec tires. The warning comes up with all of the XL load rated tires. Unfortunately it does not let us take it off for the cars that use an XL rated tire, like the Cayman, as original equipment. I hope this helps.
If I can ever help just let me know.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim, I'm about to place an order.

The N3 spec Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 265/40 ZR18 is back ordered.

The N4 spec Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 265/40 ZR18 is in stock.

My car currently has N3 on the front and N3 on the back. Can I put N4 on the back or should I stick with N3 all around? Only the rear tires need replacing.

What the heck's the difference? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.