Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my '08 Ltd. Ed. Boxster S and it does not have PASM. The car I traded in was an '05 Boxster S w/PASM and what an amazing difference between the two! The PASM seems to me to be a must have option unless there are some reasons about tracking the car or others that might leave the car wanting. I am going to start working on the suspension by first adding new sway bars and then take a wait and see approach. Overall the car is truly wonerful...!

I have looked at FAQ but can't really see why you would not order a car with PASM ?

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
PASM has been exhaustively discussed before (as has just about EVERYTHING on this forum), including one thread I remember on this very topic of why people made the PASM decision they did. I'd boil it down to whether or not one really wants a softer shock setting (many of us don't), and the cost issue ($2000 in 2008). In my case I was also disinterested in the 10mm of lowering, because after two lowered cars and a couple of Corvettes I was tired of scraping on everything. In retrospect I'm not sure the -10mm would have made much difference, but test drives never revealed much difference in handling, so I put $2000 into other options.

And one more thing, the base suspension is really good with 18" wheels. It's difficult to spend another $2K on PASM when you're so impressed without it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Another reason some said they weren't getting pasm. They planned to install a lowered and stiffened aftermarket suspension for tracking anyway.
That's my argument too...if you hold onto your cars anyway. For a lease, give it to me! I think down the road - 5-8 years ? - a complex system like pasm might cost serious money to fix or replace... I like the option of playing with shocks and height at lower cost... Bilsteins PSS anyone? :)

I regret not getting sports chrono though, not for the dash blister but the pedal feel... We'll see how sprint booster does...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.