Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have owned three 914's, a 944 and now my 98 Boxster. I raced scca sports cars for about 15 years and have owned sports cars off and on since my 1966 Datsun 1600. I had to slide into a sedan about 4 years ago due to my job. I decided this year to get back into my love, a sports car. I originally wanted a 70's MGB and found the pickings slim. Rust, no power, no real comfort and pricing from $3500 to $8000 for nothing. I drove a Boxster and fell in love again. Not only has power but all of the safety and comfort accessories that I could hope for. I am not sure that I could afford what I wanted any other way. Safety to make sure I get past my current 75 years old, more power than I need, a good sound system for my Sirius and IPOD, comfortable for my 6' 6" mature body and it fulfills my desire in every way. Sure parts are not cheap and dealer labor is expensive but most of the parts are available easily and readily.
The only car I would like better would be the 911 cabriolet or an older targa, but money is tighter than that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts