Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which 997s are widebodies for all models. ive looked all over and found conflicting info. i believe the following is true......

c2-narrow
c2s-narrow
c4-wide
c4s- wide
all cabs,targas, and turbos -wide

help?

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
If you buy a C2 or C2S Cab it's a narrow body. If you buy a C4 or C4S cab it's a wide body. Currently there is a Targa 4 and 4S both of which are wide body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so finally...any c2(s,c2 cab,c2s cab) narrow
any c4(s,c4 cab, c4s cab, 997 targas) wide
think im ending my search with a c4s..anytop.
i took a c2 for a test drive and really wasnt impressed. then i took a c4s for a ride, was it me or is the really a huge differnece in perfomance. numbers dont show much but it felt night and day.

i currently drive a 2006 lexus is350 and feels that my four door would give the c2 a run for its money.
thanks dave c for help!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
so finally...any c2(s,c2 cab,c2s cab) narrow
any c4(s,c4 cab, c4s cab, 997 targas) wide
think im ending my search with a c4s..anytop.
i took a c2 for a test drive and really wasnt impressed. then i took a c4s for a ride, was it me or is the really a huge differnece in perfomance. numbers dont show much but it felt night and day.

i currently drive a 2006 lexus is350 and feels that my four door would give the c2 a run for its money.
thanks dave c for help!!!
What you may have felt was the benefit of the all wheel drive as from a performance standpoint the extra weight of the drive train in the C4 all but overcomes the extra HP of the S. It would show up more if you drove a C2 and then a C2S back to back.
I prefer the more sure footed 4 wheel drive. In the rain with the PS2's it feels like it's on rails and makes feel more confident driving it at speed. The S overcomes the extra weight of 4. As for the Lexus giving a Porsche a run for its money, maybe on the street, stop light to stop light, but not on the track. There are very few cars made that will out run a bone stock Porsche on the race track straight out the dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.