Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have pasm on my 987.1s (boxster). while I love the decreased ride height and the stiffer springs & sways, i've never grown comfortable w/the active damping.

the speedster does away w/the active damping as far as I can tell.

My 987s is relatively "simple" in its options. Not as light as a speedster for sure, but has lightweight non-power sport seats, 18" rims, and few options.

So, I'm thinking about trying to source Speedster springs+dampers, or just the dampers.

Thoughts? Crazy? I want to stay OEM, fwiw. Too much headache w/aftermarket stuff over the years.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Buy Bilstein PSS with PASM. It works perfectly for the road, I had it for two years. It is like the normal suspencion, just way better and controls the car beautifully in sport mode, without making ti nervous. Trust me.
I currently use JiC, which is better than the Bilstein in track and sport road condiotion, but is it not so comfortable (no PASM...) and squills a little bit in front because of the metal camber plates.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Damn those are $$$$, but I bet they are sweet. What are the gains of the TPC setup over the PSS10's?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
We really dont like the off the shelf rates of the damptronic b16 shocks. So we bascially recreate the front end by machining them to work with 2.25ID springs(of our choosing for rate depending on driving style of the client). We then reprogram the factory PASM control unit to work correctly with the new changes.

Our first recommendation is swaybars though. Start there and see if you need more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the cost that the transition is i would highly recommend looking at our hotrodded damptronic coils... by far the best of all worlds for a PASM equipped street car...

TPCRacing 987 Pro Series Damptronic Coilovers - TPC Racing

The new spyder suspension is incredibly nice but seriously... the PASM technology is quite incredible.
I love the ride height of my PASM setup, and the bigger sways that come w/the pkg, but absolutely hate the "adaptive" nature of the PASM. I just don't trust what the car's going to do.

I want to move back to a "dumb" suspension that is approx the same ride height as my PASM setup, with a nice tightly controlled "dumb" shock.

As part of the process, I'm perfectly happy to dump/neuter PASM.

I assume the damptronic system is "active" similar to the PASM setup?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts