Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, I am looking for a set of used wheels for track use, as there are more tire choices than for the 20" wheels I have now. NOT looking for new wheels. Used with some cosmetic issues are fine.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I am using a set of Porsche 19in 987 wheels on my 981 with no issues. I recall that there was only a minor offset difference between 987 and 981 wheels.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
If so, I am looking for a set of used wheels for track use, as there are more tire choices than for the 20" wheels I have now. NOT looking for new wheels. Used with some cosmetic issues are fine.
I have a set of 18" 987 Cayman S (2006) and as mentioned the difference in offset is minimal, in fact I measured the offset with tires on (stock sizes) between the 18" and my 20" wheels and they are pretty much identical.

I tried them on my Boxster and see no problems when using the stock size tires associated with 18" wheels: 265/45 R18 (rear) and 235/45 R18 (front)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Factory wheels should be fine, but watch out for aftermarket 18" which might have clearance issues with the calipers. Might need a small spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
703 Posts
Have 19" Forgelines from my 987 that I had refinished for my 981. Was advised I required small spacers in rear, although I don't think they were necessary.
Shouldn't with 19" I would think, but you never know. My 18" Fuchs needed a small spacer for the fronts to clear the calipers, on a 2014CS.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
My extra set of 2008 18" Cayman S wheels fit fine on my 2016 Cayman GTS (which came with 20's). The tire size is larger but the rim offsets and diameter provide good clearance and fit. I mounted winters on the 18's and they fit just fine.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Lookathomepagesetofwheelsforsalethere!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.