Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to be able to get more front negative camber on my Cayman GTS. Does anyone have information on whether the GT4 Lower Control Arms will fit the GTS? What would be involved? Thanks.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Nope, GT4 is completely different. Anyway, GT4 does not have enough neg camber capability anyway. Rather pathetic considering really.

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
I'm not sure whether the GT4 LCAs will fit, but there are adjustable GT3 LCAs available from at least a couple of different sponsors here that will fit the 981. Schnell, Tarett, Rennline to name a few. Installation is not complicated but requires separation of ball joint so special tool is needed. Also, you'll need an alignment w/adjustments via shims so it's a job for pro mechanic unless you have your own alignment set-up.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both of the replies. I wanted to use GT4 parts because the way I read it the backdate/update rules for autocross classing would allow it if they fit because the GT4 would be considered the same series car as the Cayman S/GTS.

4by4, what is the situation on the GT4 neg camber? Not enough available? I am surprised. I had a 997 GT3 and was able to get lots. I had it set at -2.5 on the fronts and I think it could have been set to more.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for both of the replies. I wanted to use GT4 parts because the way I read it the backdate/update rules for autocross classing would allow it if they fit because the GT4 would be considered the same series car as the Cayman S/GTS.
Alternatively you could fit Powerflex adjustable bushes to the wishbones to adjust front camber and castor. I can get <2 neg front and with stock rears 1:45 neg

·
Registered
13 Posts
GT4 arms will not fit as the ball-joint to spindle connection is in double-shear and of a different design than the standard cayman, which is a standard single-shear balljoint. You will need to replace the spindles/uprights with the GT3/GT4 part to be able to accept the double-shear lower arms. This likely means you'll need new wheel bearings, hubs, and perhaps front struts..

Reactions: BIC

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bry5on,
This is the most definitive answer I have had. That is more than I want to do. If I decide to increase front camber it will most likely be with GT3 parts and adapters or with Camber plates. If I go this route I will just have to accept the class change.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
The front can get more camber as its a GT3 setup, but the near is new and the adjustment is a lot less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts