Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have gone thru forum threads but still need an advice and somebody to prove that I'm right:

Found nice 18 inch "Rad panamera" wheels with the following specs:
8x18 ET59 (f)
9x18 ET53 (r)

The sizes should be:
8x18 ET57 (f)
9x18 ET47 (r)

1. So I assume that they'll fit my 981 boxster s, but will stand 2mm and 6 mm wider than they should?
So they will fit, no spacers needed, correct?

2. Can I use
235/45 R18 for the front wheels and
255/45 R18 for the rear wheels?

should be 265/45 for the rear.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
I think your assumptions are correct but I'm not a wheel expert. I do, however, know that we've had a ton of "will these wheels fit my car" threads here in the past, several are shown in the Similar Threads box below and I know that in the past people have pointed to various online tools that you can use to check measurements, decide on what size spacers (if needed) etc. apply.

With regard to tires it is all about staying within 5% or less of the original circumference so as not to upset PSM, we have a link in our FAQ to an online tool that let's you input both tire specs to see what the % difference is and whether or not you are at less than 5%. I'd use that tool with your tire values and see what comes up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your assumptions are correct but I'm not a wheel expert. I do, however, know that we've had a ton of "will these wheels fit my car" threads here in the past, several are shown in the Similar Threads box below and I know that in the past people have pointed to various online tools that you can use to check measurements, decide on what size spacers (if needed) etc. apply.

With regard to tires it is all about staying within 5% or less of the original circumference so as not to upset PSM, we have a link in our FAQ to an online tool that let's you input both tire specs to see what the % difference is and whether or not you are at less than 5%. I'd use that tool with your tire values and see what comes up.

Thank you, K Man s. Have checked these tons of threads, but still I'm worried to buy these Panamera rims. Will check it with the difference.
The dealer already warned me that if the installation is different from recommended, the warranty may be voided.

Sincerely, Tim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have checked the difference, it is 1.3% for the rear wheel and
2.3% for the front wheel if I use 245/40 R18

Still would be glad if somebody gives ideas if the rims will fit or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts