Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Will You Track Your GT4?

• Track Only

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mostly Track Use, Occasional Street Use.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Some Track, Some Street Use

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Mostly Street Use, Occasional Track

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • Never Track

Votes: 3 4.8%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A poll to see how GT4 owners will use your car...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Track and street

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If I can get one, mostly street. But fair weather days only and no commuting (im retired). Mine will be a garage queen who makes runs to grocery stores, Walmart, etc, weather permitting. And also for PCA events and the many car shows around Chicago and Orlando. Track days will be needed for the GT4's exercise and for my enjoyment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I will be 80% street - Twisties and Country runs, 20% Track (4-6 times a year/ max).. I am not retired but in the prime earning years of my life. :D This will not be a DD, rather a weekend/Sunny days only ride.:drivingskid: I've got a long wait ahead... lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
I will definitely track my Boxster GT4. One day ... if they make it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This will be a third, fun car that will be used for fun weekend trips, occasional sunny Friday commutes to work, a few auto-x and DE events per year. I'll likely drive this about as much as the E90 M3 that it's replacing... 5,000 miles/year.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
This is not a good poll, most car enthusiast on car forums will at least give the track a visit. I would say the majority of the GT4 owner's will just have it parked in their heated garages.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is not a good poll, most car enthusiast on car forums will at least give the track a visit. I would say the majority of the GT4 owner's will just have it parked in their heated garages.
I think this poll has some merit. And by the looks of it, you would be incorrect in your assumptions. My friend and I both intend on tracking as much as possible, however with our work schedules, it's not always possible. Now if i were retired.. I would be going every thurs/Fri

·
Registered
145 Posts
I respectfully disagree. I think the majority of GT4 owners are likely to be on car forums and as this poll has shown, most of us plan on tracking our cars from time to time.

BTW - what the hell is a heated garage? :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
One of my main reasons for getting a GT4 is to be able to do more track days but still have a sweet " street able " ride. ;)

I find it interesting we already have 24 votes from 24 future GT4 owners.....if it reaches over 2,500 votes we might have to void the poll. :hilarious:

·
Registered
65 Posts
One of my main reasons for getting a GT4 is to be able to do more track days but still have a sweet " street able " ride. ;)

I find it interesting we already have 24 votes from 24 future GT4 owners.....if it reaches over 2,500 votes we might have to void the poll. :hilarious:
LoL:hilarious:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Track + street if I get one, and if it's as good as expected. Maybe 20 track days per year.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It would be interesting to see how many track/autocross days GT4 purchasers have done in the past 12 months (assuming they currently have a car to do this with).

I just added mine up. 11 autocrosses days, but only 5 track days in the last 12 months. This is largely because good tacks are not close to home but autocrosses are close.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It would be interesting to see how many track/autocross days GT4 purchasers have done in the past 12 months (assuming they currently have a car to do this with).
10-12 track days for me (only one local track).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Out of the 5 GT4 owners I know locally, 3 (me included) have bought them for the track.. the others for normal driving and probably minimal track time if at all. Our season goes from October to May, so street driving is the only option until then

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Good poll.....would expect responses to somewhat model what the Cayman R did when it came out. I would also expect not too many owners to be pure track use. If we think about the GT3, as hardcore as it is, anecdotal evidence would seem to induicate that a significant number are not track use only.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far, large majority will do at least some tracking in their GT4.

I was surprised a while back when I learned how many GT3 owners - including GT3RS owners never tracked their car. Perhaps some purchased the GT3 because it was "the best and they only buy the best", and perhaps others purchased it as a collector item.

The poll would indicate that the GT4 will be driven, and be tracked. The grouping of responses in the middle is a little surprising as I assumed there would be many more ONLY TRACK and NEVER TRACK - especially the latter as the majority of Porsches in use have never been on a track.

My own vote was mostly street use as I intend to drive it most days, but do hope to get it out on the circuit 3 - 5 times per year (as much as time and finances will allow)!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts