Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Madness Sets In! - We are pleased to announce our first ever NCAA basketball pool for Planet-9 members! It's been a long and cold winter in many parts of the world but now that March has arrived things are heating up, including the NCAA men's basketball tournament. What better way to have some fun among fellow Planet-9 members than by picking your own NCAA bracket and entering to win our first annual basketball pool! Cost? No, there's no cost to enter, it's completely free thanks to our friends at CBS Sports who will be hosting the pool for us. Up for grabs is some special Planet 9 and Cayman Club merchandise for those who do well with their picks!

Get started by clicking Here: Join Planet-9 NCAA Pool (password is cayman)

You will be asked for your email address and username, please enter the same ones that you use on Planet-9.com. If you know someone who would like to play but isn't currently a Planet-9.com member simply have them sign up and they are eligible to win (and have some fun!). The rules are pretty simple and are listed on the site and the online tool makes it very easy to fill out your bracket sheet. Good Luck!

*PLEASE NOTE - Picks Deadline: Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:00:00 PM ET

Here is a list of current prizes:
1) Planet 9 items
2) Mantis Racing Underdrive Pulley
3) Hoen is providing a set of read license plate dLED lights
4) Detailbest is providing either Zymol Creme or Zymol Carbon wax
5) Pacific Western Performance is providing a $250 gift certificate towards either a Brembo brake kit or a set of Fikse wheels
6) TPC Racing is providing a set of toe links! see: http://tpcracing.com/products/TPC-Pro-Series-Adjustable-Toe-Links/
7) Speedsport Tuning is providing 10 quarts of oil and a filter
8) Car Care products from Detailers Domain
9) License Plate bracket from Mower Axle
10) Das Schild Lid Protector Cayman/Boxster or 997 front hood
11) Fabspeed T-shirt/License Plate Frame/Windshield decal
12) GMP Performance is supplying a $50 and a $100 gift certificate!
13) More on the way!

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the CBS ID?
If you click the link in the first post it should take you to the CBS sign in page, if you have a CBS account already just sign in and then it takes you to the pool, if you don't then sign up at CBS first and then it takes you to the pool. It should then ask you for the pool password which is "cayman"

I don't know that there is a specific ID for the pool but I'll go look

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok yeah this was more complicated that I thought it would be.

Once you have your CBS ID, then you need to go here:

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/universal/

Then from the drop downs choose:

Sport: Mayhem

League Abbreviation: cayclub

League Password: cayman

Then you'll get a second page asking you for the password again.

You'll get asked to confirm, click the OK button

And you are IN!! Whew what a pain... anyway I've attached a screen capture to show what I'm talking about.

(CLICK ON THE ATTACHED THUMBNAIL IMAGE BELOW TO SEE A LARGER VERSION)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Ken
Your instructions don't work. Sending you a email on what you get if you are already in the CBS brackets.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ken
Your instructions don't work. Sending you a email on what you get if you are already in the CBS brackets.
Augie,

They do work and I got your email. You've logged into CBS which is the first step, the next thing you need to do is get logged into the Pool itself, and to do that please follow the instructions in this post:

http://www.planet-9.com/news-items/43494-win-prizes-planet-9-ncaa-basketball-pool.html#post443694

I sent you a reply in email as well. Let me know how you make out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Folks, it is a little confusing. I didn't have an account on the CBS web site. However, I was able to get this to work by doing the following:

1. Follow the initial link: - CBSSports.com
Fill in the info:
Sport: Mayhem
League Abbreviation: cayclub
Click "Ok"

2. On the login page, select the link: "Register Now"

3. Create a new account, which will also sign you in

4. Follow the link again and it should take you to the dropdowns, fill in the same details and it will take you to the backet.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
Hmmm...I wonder who you picked to win it all, Ken?

I can tell you Becky will not be submitting her picks this year! :)

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm...I wonder who you picked to win it all, Ken?

I can tell you Becky will not be submitting her picks this year! :)
That reminds me, please pass my condolences on to Becky that her team isn't even IN the tournament this year, and that oh btw, while UNC has 2000 all time wins, KU now has 2002 (and hopefully 6 more this year!) KU also owns the longest consecutive appearances in the NCAA tournament streak (which would have been even longer had the NCAA not intervened in 89) :hilarious:

Yeah I think you know who I picked to win it all, but only because if they do then you know Becky has a shirt coming her way... :kiss:

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
Here's to looking forward to a new shirt for Miss Becky! :cheers:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Come on everyone.... Get in on this pool & win some cool Planet 9 stuff. The only issue I had was that my Planet 9 user name was not available on the CBS site. Everything else was pretty easy to set up. Wouldn't it be really interesting if one of the sponsors could donate a grand prize? That would drive up participation.

Good luck to all...........

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come on everyone.... Get in on this pool & win some cool Planet 9 stuff. The only issue I had was that my Planet 9 user name was not available on the CBS site. Everything else was pretty easy to set up. Wouldn't it be really interesting if one of the sponsors could donate a grand prize? That would drive up participation.

Good luck to all...........
You hit on an interesting point and I ran with that idea and asked our sponsors if they'd like to donate something for the pool and I've already heard back from several that they are donating, I'll try to put together a list ASAP and get it published here.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
1) Planet 9 items
5) Pacific Western Performance is providing a $250 gift certificate towards either a Brembo brake kit or a set of Fikse wheels
6) TPC Racing is providing a set of toe links! see: http://tpcracing.com/products/TPC-Pro-Series-Adjustable-Toe-Links/
11) Fabspeed T-shirt/License Plate Frame/Windshield decal
12) GMP Performance is supplying a $50 and a $100 gift certificate!
13) More on the way!

·
Registered
126 Posts
1) Planet 9 items
6) TPC Racing is providing a tbd item, should have more info shortly
11) more on the way!
Wow.... We should all thank Ken for securing these great donations. If he decides to use all of these prizes for the pool, we should have at least 10 winners!!

So what are you waiting for but be sure to get your picks in by tomorrow. History has it that a 12 will beat a 5 & not all #1 seeds will make it to the final 4.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.