Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presenting the injection-molded AWE Foiler™ Wind Diffuser. The simple, elegant solution to wind buffeting in Porsche 718s.
  • The elegant solution for Porsche 718 wind buffeting
  • UV stabilized injection-molded plastic for the perfect OE-style look
  • Combats buffeting, both on the track and the street
  • Allows for “single window” down driving without buffeting
  • Perfect OE-like fitment
  • Simple, quick installation
  • Includes driver’s side and passenger side fitments
  • Awesome for track day drivers or those who like the breeze without the beating

What’s wind buffeting?

You know that sound that happens when your window is down at speed that makes it feel like your head is going to implode? That’s called wind buffeting. It happens when you’re moving fast, and it’s quite the issue on the newest generation of Porsche Boxster/Cayman and 911. So instead of just letting our brains melt under the pressure, we did something about it.

Porsche design

The AWEFoiler™ WindDiffuser boasts an unobtrusive yet elegant design. Crafted from UV stabilized injection-molded plastic, the Foiler™ WindDiffuser complements Porsche styling without calling unwanted attention. Installation is a breeze with AWE Tuning’s user-friendly, bolt-on design.

Passenger and driver’s side Foiler™ WindDiffuser included, as well as all hardware needed for installation.

Roll down your window and wave goodbye to wind buffeting.

Questions? Hit me here or feel free to email me directly!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I purchased this item and it works perfectly, although the fit on the 718 Cayman is a little off with space at the bottom where to meets the door on both sides.

·
Incurable Gearhead
953 Posts
For years I’ve wished that something related would turn up for the 987. I understand that 987's design precludes doing it like on 981/718, but maybe some sort of similarly unobtrusive little spoiler that maybe just sticks onto the factory trim piece. I’d be nice to be able to kill off some of the buffeting we see on our cars. Thanks for listening!

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya! I own a 986S and when the top is up and the windows are down (ok, that's a rare combo) its pulsation city.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does this work On 718’s with lane change assistant?

Rippey

Reactions: Dave/AWE

·
Registered
29 Posts
For years I’ve wished that something related would turn up for the 987. I understand that 987's design precludes doing it like on 981/718, but maybe some sort of similarly unobtrusive little spoiler that maybe just sticks onto the factory trim piece. I’d be nice to be able to kill off some of the buffeting we see on our cars. Thanks for listening!
Why not crack the passenger widow a hair and call it good? Works for me on my 981.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wish these were about half the price. I could maybe justify $45, but $90 is a bit stiff for a couple pieces of plastic, even on a Porsche.

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish these were about half the price. I could maybe justify $45, but $90 is a bit stiff for a couple pieces of plastic, even on a Porsche.
There are metal ones from another company for $159 that slap on with tape. I guess comparatively, and with some actual engineering, we are on the cheap end.

·
Registered
2019 Porsche 718 GTS
1 Posts
@Dave/AWE - Does the fluttering only affect some of the Porsche models, but not others? I have a '19 718 GTS, and with the windows down partially or all the way I don't experience a difference in pressure in the cabin. I've eyed this product, but haven't pulled the trigger as I haven't experienced the fluttering.

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Which path is for 718?
718's are the easy path. Lane change assist doesn't effect it. It seems like the only ones we've seen that were the hard path were early 991's. It takes 2 minutes to check if you have the plastic removal tools. If you were local I'd say to stop on by! Anyone else chime in with your experience.

·
Registered
366 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts