Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving the 2009 Cayman, it was a few weeks ago on the highway to my mom's place I noticed a whisp of cold air blowing at my hand although the A/C was completely off. I closed off the A/C port to try to fix the problem to no avail.

Just this week, I was on the highway again and realized that the wind is actually leaking in from the gap between the steering column and dashboard and the gap under the column. I have to turn the A/C vents on my side to blow at the steeringwheel so my fingers don't get cold. Though not really a serious problem, this is quite annoying, especially when driving on the highway in the winter.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If it is really leaking, then this is something serious. A Porsche should not do that! Hell, a Hyundai should not do that (and it doesnt, we had a couple of them). I say go visit the dealer ASAP!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hell, I phoned the dealership and they told me I can drive it in for them to check the problem. But on my way to there, I got a warning for "Transmission Emergency Run" as well.

Turns out the wind leakage is caused by a rubber sealing piece that's not installed. And they are gonna do further checks to find out about the Transmission problem.

I've noticed is that there's a grinding sound every time I shift from the 2nd to 3rd gear, and I'd like to know if anyone else has this, and if this is a serious problem.

What's more is that I've been to the dealership just two weeks ago to refill the coolant, as it had ran out. There really shouldn't have been any problems like these, since I've only been driving for less than two months and 2000 kilometers on it. I suspect that dealership might even have forgotten to install the rubber sealing piece or add the coolant when selling it to me.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Did you buy used??
Does the car have a warranty?
Do you have lemon laws in China?

About the coolant, is it still good or does it drain??

These are the questions that come in my mind now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's new. I'm under warrenty, and they'll pay for the repair. I'm not sure about the enforcibility of lemon laws, but I bought from a major dealership so they do take their reputation seriously.

For the coolant, I think they have forgotten to add it because my parking spot never had any stains. There were a few times when I had the check coolant level warning, and the temperature gauge shot up to 120 before coming back to 80 a few minutes later. Not sure if that would have done any damage. I'll probably check the coolant level after I get the car back to see if it drains.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Were these few times after or before they added more coolant??

Do check the coolant regularly, I heard about leaks that are internal and do not show on the floor! Then again, I had a check coolant light before and went to the dealer and had it topped. Never a problem since!

Have that dealer check everything in your car and give you a report about it, maybe they'd make you pay for such a check, I dunno. But I'm surprised you have all these probs on a brand new Gen II car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts