Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my car recently and noticed the seal on my driver's window near the front corner was torn (see pic). Is this a normal wear-and-tear item? Seems relatively flimsy material. Local indy shop said if it wasn't leaking (its not) then probably no need to replace. Car is under warranty but not sure this is a covered item.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
If it's under warranty, I would absolutely take it in. I have a '13 and don't see any wear in that area. What does the passenger side look like?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Definitely under warranty. Rubber is a little stressed in that area with windows closed, but shouldn't rip unless completely dried out, like by excessive sun exposure. Guess these cars are not meant to live outside all the time;). The door panels might be next; that's another problem area with cars with no garage. Good luck.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's under warranty, I would absolutely take it in. I have a '13 and don't see any wear in that area. What does the passenger side look like?
Passenger side shows no wear. Thanks for taking a look!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely under warranty. Rubber is a little stressed in that area with windows closed, but shouldn't rip unless completely dried out, like by excessive sun exposure. Guess these cars are not meant to live outside all the time;). The door panels might be next; that's another problem area with cars with no garage. Good luck.
I bought the car used (one owner), not sure how it was kept but it looked great when I got it. I do have a garage and she abides there when at rest. :) Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.