Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Boxsters window switch needs replacing. Seems this is a fairly common issue. Tried a search here but nothing came up.
Does anybody had a DIY for the drivers side window switch replacement? I have ordered one from Suncoast just need to know if I can do it or do I need a body shop to do it.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine's fiddly, I haven't looked to see what it would take to open it up and clean the contacts. I'll be watching this thread. How much was it from suncoast btw and do they sell the whole switch console or just a single switch?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's fiddly, I haven't looked to see what it would take to open it up and clean the contacts. I'll be watching this thread. How much was it from suncoast btw and do they sell the whole switch console or just a single switch?
It was $175 and had to buy the whole switch assembly. Sadly, the only thing that's actually broke on mine is the up/down paddle itself. I pulled up one day and the whole plastic paddle came out of the assembly. It's in there now so I can raise/lower the window but now falls out easily.
I looked for quite a while and never found just the one switch I needed so that's when I ordered the whole assembly from Suncoast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah ok, thanks. When you replace it let us know any tips tricks you learn along the way.

Reactions: bybybmw

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ah ok, thanks. When you replace it let us know any tips tricks you learn along the way.
The biggest help is this video I got from bamajammer over on rennlist.

Take it slow and easy, video is a HUGE advantage. The door cable release is trickier than the rest, just finesse it. Don't force it. I fiddled with it until suddenly it came loose. It's kind of press on the short release tabs and gently push while lifting up where the tabs lock in place towards the back of the white locker piece. The base of the locking tab slides into a slot underneath it so it comes out at an angle. Goes back in the same way.
Whole thing from start to finish took me slightly under an hour and I was going slow and being super cautious.
One other thing, the Torx in my Boxster were T27 not the T25 he mentions in the video.

Good luck and hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great thanks. Glad you fixed your's. I tried removing the switch assembly it without removing the door panel but the electrical connector at the bottom is too short. I couldn't pull the switch assembly up enough to be able to disconnect the connector. Looks like I'll have to order the whole switch assembly and replace it just as you did...sometime in the near future.

Reactions: bybybmw

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had the same problem with the little paddle breaking. I glued it back in. It’s a little fiddly but it’s works. I’ve been scouting a used switch but haven’t found one. Taking the door off is very easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts