Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes on humid summer nights I get a lot of fogging on the inside of the windshield when driving with the top down. I can clear it up with the "nuclear" defrost button, but that's not really pleasant for long term cruising. I've tried going through the menu to turn off the dashboard vent and using the dedicated climate control button for using the top vents, but those haven't worked. I also tried turning the climate control completely off.

What are you guys using? I would prefer not to have the cold air of the A/C blowing on me, but I suppose that would be the next thing to try. I have been driving with the A/C switched off whenever the top is down, with the temperature set to about 72-74 (22C) with about two bars of fan speed.

Extra words for text search: windscreen, fog, defog, glass

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Blast the hot air through the panel. I am blasting hot air with top down a lot to de-humidify. Don't run cold air or everything is going to condensate inside the ac vents (or even outside).

As crazy as it sounds, blasting hot air will also cool down the cabin on a hot day. This is because hot air rises.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say blast, what fan speed do you mean? I'll do it if that's what's required, but I had hoped to keep the fan down to 2-3 bars where it's unobtrusive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts