Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
screenshot_28.png

On my 2013 Boxster Base, the two hoses that feed the windshield washer nozzels broke apart.

I think it is the connector for part 16 and part 17 in the picture.

I can not find anywhere to order the part?

Some Sites have part 17 listed 3 times, with three part numbers, and none show the connector.

I would order both 16 & 17 if I knew where to order.

PN cold be for 17

99162866702​
99162866703​
99162866701​
or

99162866900​

On one site 'http://www.porscheofhuntingtonparts.com' I find the part, click item 17, lists the last two, but, when I click ether, it then says it part #16....

'http://parts.byersporsche.com' was great on helping me to the right parts, and list the first three, but when I search for the part, they do not exist?

Any one know where I could order the connector. the part #17 is a hose that has rings on it, and #16 is a smooth tube.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, got the parts 16 & 17, and I am being told that Porsche changed the design for the car, the old parts are no longer available, and the new design does not have a retro kit to make the new parts work???

Basically the new design, part 17 above is a T that feeds both nozzles, mine has a left and right dedicated hose. I could install the T version, but the right hose would need a CAP to stop the flow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hose.jpg Hello - are you sure the Left side is a hose? Mine is a wire on the Left side with a plastic housing protector (look close to the strut mount) for the wires...this is for heated nozzles...My right side is the washer hose and recently broke where it flexes...kind of a bad design IMO. Dealer is going to replace and said it's an issue sometimes..they tried rubber, but it crimps...looks like we need to make sure the corrugated section stays at the bend to allow it to flex...mine must have gotten pushed up as it broke clean off just at the base of the non-flexible part!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool fix!

I not sure I posted that the part is on the driver side only. The line on the passanger side is not the windshield washer line.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to use a small piece of clear vinyl tubing (1/4” ID) to slide over the two ends to close up the break. The tubing is flexible enough to put in the notch in the clip. Seems to work great.
It broke again, replaced with factory part, and it broke as well. Did you fix hold up?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi All, as has been said the driver side of my washer hose broke also one day while I was driving I guess... when I used it the washer fluid was traveling up the left side of the windshield rather than onto it. when I pulled into my driveway I opened the hood and knew what it was instantly. I grabbed a bottle of bug spray that was in my shed and used the plastic tubing that connects to the spray top and shimmied it into both the bottom broken piece and the top broken piece entering each side about 1.5" and re attached the plastic guide over it and like another poster Kathy M ...it fixed the issue. Mine was inside the tubing rather than outside. resulting in better spray than it was previously. I will take a picture and update when it stops raining ...was surprised to see how many have had this issue ...bad design ..YUP!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This *just* happened to me. And through the miracle of the internet (finding this post), some vinyl tubing, and a heat gun, I fixed the issue in under 5 minutes.

IMG_7583.jpg
Remove the big plastic clip to get untethered access to the hose.

IMG_7584.jpg
Use heat gun on clear vinyl tubing and slip onto each side of the broken hose. Tuck the hose back into the hood, and put the plastic clip back on.

IMG_7585.jpg
Clear vinyl tubing from Home Depot. Multi purpose - great for bleeding brakes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This *just* happened to me. And through the miracle of the internet (finding this post), some vinyl tubing, and a heat gun, I fixed the issue in under 5 minutes.

View attachment 207175

View attachment 207173
Use heat gun on clear vinyl tubing and slip onto each side of the broken tube. Tuck the tube back into the hood, and put the plastic clip back on.

View attachment 207177
Excellent. When I tried something similar the pump tore the joint apart. Did you heat the tube?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excellent. When I tried something similar the pump tore the joint apart. Did you heat the tube?
Yep. Heated the vinyl tube with a heat gun on low setting. 3/8" inner diameter is just smaller than the hose, so it's nice and snug on there. Tested it a few times, so far so good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This just happened to me. And through the miracle of the internet (finding this post), some vinyl tubing, and a heat gun, I fixed the issue in under 5 minutes.

View attachment 207175

View attachment 207173
Use heat gun on clear vinyl tubing and slip onto each side of the broken hose. Tuck the hose back into the hood, and put the plastic clip back on.

View attachment 207177

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow, I just had this happen, right at the point shown in post #8 right at the finger. I got online here to ask and here's this topic. As I'm going to Home Depot of other stuff anyway, I'll get some of that hose -- 20 feet sounds like a lot but that's 120 two-inch sections if I have to keep replacing it.

Do I have to take it to the dealer to have the pump checked for overheating, and possible replacement? 🤪🤪

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Porsche changed the design for the car, the old parts are no longer available, and the new design does not have a retro kit to make the new parts work???
Porsche - There is no substitute... Unless you need to order replacement parts. :rolleyes: Or perhaps especially when you need to order replacement parts.

That said, maybe my 2015 is one that uses the newer part(s).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts