Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
It's a Ferrari 'thing'. I believe they are called 'scuderia shields' and they are OEM optional equipment.I don't think they look particularly good on the Ferrari's I've seen around here, but I guess it's a matter of taste.Don't care for it at all on a Porsche.

Edited by - DaveC on 07/13/2006 09:10:35 AM

·
There is no substitute!
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree! One badge on the hood is enough otherwise it would make it look like a 'ferrari wannabe'. I know that BMW has been very big lately on badges, whereas the new M models have about 5 M badges all around

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I think I have 8 Porsche crests in and on my car. Let's see: wheels = 4; front bonnet = 1; steering wheel = 1; headrests = 2. I need another 2 on the sides? No thanks. One on the top of my shifter ball would look cool though.

PORSCHE is spelled out: mats = 2; license plate frame = 1; rear window decal = 1. I'll bet I forgot someplace.

Yep. I definitely own a Porsche! /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/dance.gif

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey if you know your cars you know it's a Porsche a mile away. No more badges for this hombre. Besides I think it draws your eye to it and no the overall car's beauty.

Edited by - PACayman on 07/13/2006 2:10:49 PM

·
Registered
217 Posts
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />

Mr. MRI- dont do it...you have a beautiful car.

friends dont let friends pretend to drive ferraris.

<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />

MT, it was just ----> /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/bsflag.gif I could never do that to my baby croc. Besides, if you could see mycroc, you would know that I am more into stripping her down than dressing her up /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbsup.gif

</blockquote>

Edited by - Mr. MRI on 07/13/2006 3:59:31 PM

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks, MT.! With a sexy butt like hers, my 'Cay' needs to strut her stuff. Brings tears to my eyes and makes me go /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/eek2.gifeach and every time I see her.

Edited by - Mr. MRI on 07/13/2006 4:12:43 PM

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Keep that cheasythingoff your car. The proper look for a Porsche is UNDERSTATED. Don't pimp your ride like that.

·
last race, 1958 AD
478 Posts
I believe that, for Ferarri, the shield is a racing reference because their competition cars often had them. I had them on my 328 and was comfortable with that because there's nothing subtle about a Ferarri anyway.You experts here correct me if i'm wrongbut I don't think Porsche used them on racing cars.Therefore no shields on MY Cayman S.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts