Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Registered and plates for the Cayman. Check and Ouch. ( Thank you State of Missouri)
Cleaned and Carnuba waxed the car. Check
Detailed the wheels. Check
Hooked up the new CTEK battery charger. Check
Once the roads get treated with sand, time to put her to bed....
Enjoyed the good weather in the midwest while it lasted.
IMG_3834.JPG IMG_3836.jpg IMG_3837.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Registered and plates for the Cayman. Check and Ouch. ( Thank you State of Missouri)
Cleaned and Carnuba waxed the car. Check
Detailed the wheels. Check
Hooked up the new CTEK battery charger. Check
Once the roads get treated with sand, time to put her to bed....
Enjoyed the good weather in the midwest while it lasted.
View attachment 54684 View attachment 54685 View attachment 54686
Roger to all with possibly FEI clean/treat any vinyl and any leather in the interior and put 45-50 psig in tires. But no big deal.

LG is now into her 3rd month of hibernation. Come on Spring he says when winter arrived but 2 weeks ago.:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Walked outside, checked the temperature...........72 degrees and bright sun. Check---went for a drive :). Sorry could not resist but you have my empathy having grown up in Connecticut and also having lived in Ohio for a couple years. I really do like being able to drive year round.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
It is not inevitable. It is your choice.

I also like to drive year round. That's why I have winter tires.

·
Registered
223 Posts
For once I am glad to be in southern alabama where we don't have this "winter" of which you speak.

sort of off subject, but what is your ceiling height? It looks like you have a lift with limited head space and that intrigues me. Could you put a Cayman on top of a Cayman or if there not adequate height? I am in a similar situation.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Today might be the day for me. :( I was watching the forecast and got really excited about today. It was supposed to rain all night while getting steadily warmer so I was hoping the rain would clear away the ice and snow on the roads and today might be my last chance to go out and drive.

Looking out there now though... it's still a miserable mess. I don't think the opportunity is going to present itself.

Might be time to hook up a maintainer and call it a season. :(

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I just wait for a cold dry day then head out for a blast!
Sadly, I don't have the tires for that. :( I went and turned her around and now she's ready for the charger. :(

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For once I am glad to be in southern alabama where we don't have this "winter" of which you speak.

sort of off subject, but what is your ceiling height? It looks like you have a lift with limited head space and that intrigues me. Could you put a Cayman on top of a Cayman or if there not adequate height? I am in a similar situation.
Yes, the ceiling height would accommodate two Cayman's or a Boxter....My garage ceiling is taller than the typical garage....

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait. Why is stage 5 showing RED :confused:

Doesn't that mean the battery can't hold a charge? When stage 5 is analyzing its shows yellow, then skips over stage 6, lights it up, and jumps to stage 7, green.

And why is snowflake red? Stage 5 is supposed to take only a few minutes (3).
I believe that the camera flash impacted the red...I went and checked and it is now over to stage 7 and showing green.

Reactions: chows4us

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is not inevitable. It is your choice.

I also like to drive year round. That's why I have winter tires.
100% Correct. My Choice to not subject the car to other dumb-*** drivers who cannot figure out how to drive in in-climate weather....But Rock on.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Walked outside, checked the temperature...........72 degrees and bright sun. Check---went for a drive :). Sorry could not resist but you have my empathy having grown up in Connecticut and also having lived in Ohio for a couple years. I really do like being able to drive year round.
Thanks Ron for the kind words and think about us!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Same thoughts here.

Today might be the day for me. :( I was watching the forecast and got really excited about today. It was supposed to rain all night while getting steadily warmer so I was hoping the rain would clear away the ice and snow on the roads and today might be my last chance to go out and drive.

Looking out there now though... it's still a miserable mess. I don't think the opportunity is going to present itself.

Might be time to hook up a maintainer and call it a season. :(

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Oh, we can driver year around. Just need a proper car for that. We also can walk outside or driver with top down without getting a heat stroke all summer long! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts