Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question if I may. Not sure if search will turn anything up.

Looking at buying a 2009 Boxster, non S BUT the entire suspension system has been replaced with the Boxster Spyder setup so the car sits 20mm lower.

Anyway, with the lower ground clearance I was wanting to put 17" rims on the car, the owners manual says 17" will fit but with the suspension mods I'm not too sure

I would also like to put "taller" winter tires on it to create a bit more ground clearance.

Can anyone offer any advice on wether 17" rims will fit and if so what size tires you would recommend?

AFAIK brakes are still the original size

TIA

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I'm quite new to 987's but applying same concept as other models, if you use the standard tyre sizes for the 17's it should be ok due to the overall circumference still remaining the same.
wont address your ground clearance issues though.

However if you're upsizing the tyres larger than standard with "taller" tyres, then you could potentially have an issue due to fender clearance.
perhaps you can mention the size you're thinking of using and the other P9'ers can chime in....

·
Registered
84 Posts
For what it is worth, my 2009 Cayman manual lists the following wheel sizes for Snow Tires:

front 205/55 17
rear 235/50 17
or
front 235/40 18
rear 255/40 18

1 - 3 of 3 Posts