Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one reccomend some winter tyres for my cayman I'm getting wheel spin at the lights due to how much its rainingas I still have got summer tyres on it

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Any one reccomend some winter tyres for my cayman I'm getting wheel spin at the lights due to how much its rainingas I still have got summer tyres on it
You're sure that it hasn't got something to do with a heavy right foot rather than the tyres themselves? ;)

Having said that - I would probably go down a size to 18", get a dedicated winter set and raise the profile. Then your options will be better and cheaper. A good set of used 18" winter tires should be easy to find on Ebay etc. Example: Genuine Porsche Cayman S 18 inch alloy wheels and winter tyres | eBay.

As for general recommendations I don't drive my Porsche in winter but for my winter cars I personally prefer Nokian, with studs, but it depends of course what you call "winter". For Porsche, I would probably say anything N-rated is "good enough". :cheers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're sure that it hasn't got something to do with a heavy right foot rather than the tyres themselves? ;)

Having said that - I would probably go down a size to 18", get a dedicated winter set and raise the profile. Then your options will be better and cheaper. A good set of used 18" winter tires should be easy to find on Ebay etc. Example: Genuine Porsche Cayman S 18 inch alloy wheels and winter tyres | eBay.

As for general recommendations I don't drive my Porsche in winter but for my winter cars I personally prefer Nokian, with studs, but it depends of course what you call "winter". For Porsche, I would probably say anything N-rated is "good enough". :cheers:

Saw them earlier might keep an eye on em

1 - 4 of 4 Posts