Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 987.2 Boxster, probably an S. I'll likely wait until winter to hopefully see inventory increase and prices come down.

So my question: what do you think the difference in value of the same BS today vs early Jan when it's cold in half the US and ppl just over spent during the holidays?

Sounds like a good time to buy unless I'm missing something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
The maximum value for a Boxster would be late March / early April in the NE US. Values begin to fall in late June and decrease each successive month until they reach their minimum in January. Prices would be at least 10% lower in January. Again this is for NE US.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I dont think its worth the wait. I tried to buy a Cayman in the winter. Found a couple good deals. Problem was, I couldnt do the logistics with 18" of snow on the ground. I am not the guy that can buy a car without seeing it. I ended up waiting for April 1 and paying a little more.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
While Boxsters may be a little cheaper in winter, the number of cars on the market is reduced as sellers know the time to get best prices in spring and summer. My advice would be to shop until you find what you want at a price you can live with, then pull the trigger. Don't let the "perfect" Boxster get away because it's July.

·
Registered
189 Posts
While Boxsters may be a little cheaper in winter, the number of cars on the market is reduced as sellers know the time to get best prices in spring and summer. My advice would be to shop until you find what you want at a price you can live with, then pull the trigger. Don't let the "perfect" Boxster get away because it's July.
Bingo! While the boxter is not uncommon, when you are shopping for a used one there aren't as many as you would think. If you are looking for a particular set of options or color combination and the right car becomes available, I would recommend you jump on it. Besides, who wants to but a toy that has to sit in the garage for several months before they can play with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I'm going to wait for a few months and see how prices trend. I can't decide between 981 and 987. Drove a 981S, 981, and 987.2S recently. All had base suspension...not for me as this is not a dual purpose car. Street car, yes, but I want something sharper. So if it's a 981, then I would get the X73 and install myself. It's about $1600 at Suncoast. If 987, the Spyder suspension is around $2500. Going to sell my '17 Wrangler for the Boxster. May seem like a strange change, but the '17 Wrangler replaced an S2000 I had for 5 years...now I'm really missing that car! But thankfully I have a stg 2 '13 TTS that's a blast, but it's a coupe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.