Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need new wiper blades on my BS. Called the dealership and they want $122. Are they freaking kidding me? I can buy them mail order for $56. Unfortunately, none of the local parts places carry the OEM Bosch blades, which would probably cost about $50 for a set.

Anybody bought new wipers for a 981 Boxster yet?

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
I use Valeo on my car. Some times you can find them on Tirerack for B1G1.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Probably get shot for suggesting this and I live in AZ as well, not WA anymore. I get all my wiper blades from WallyWorld. They have a great selection starting around $5.00 about $17.00!! Costco also sells them.

Machog

Reactions: RSchwerer

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably get shot for suggesting this and I live in AZ as well, not WA anymore. I get all my wiper blades from WallyWorld. They have a great selection starting around $5.00 about $17.00!! Costco also sells them.

Machog
Which brand/model of blade do you get there?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you don't use OEM Porsche blades you'll void the warranty.

(Darn! I didn't have the guts to leave that without the smily face.) :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doesn't Pep Boys carry Bosch wipers?
Maybe, but so do O'Reillys and Autozone and neither of them carried a Bosch for the Boxster. Didn't figure it was worth the drive to Tucson to check them also.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my wipers today from Sonnen. Even considering the $15 shipping charge, they were still $50 less than the local dealership. I may go in and talk to the dealership about their highway robbery attempt.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Missed this thread until now. Back in August of 2014 paid $101 for a new pair of wiper blades and vowed that would not happen again.

I doubt that Porsche makes wiper blades. They gotta get 'em from somewhere... so I started looking. I found a Valeo blade on Amazon.com that was said to fit, so I ordered. The Valeo blade is a perfect fit on my 2013 981 Boxster S, but is not identical to the original equipment wiper blade. Photo attached -- the OE Porsche blade in the foreground and the Valeo in the back. I would say the Porsche item looks sturdier and higher quality. It may be that the Valeo item will not last as long or perform as well at Autobahn speeds or something, but I intend to find out. And from now on, I will mention "please don't replace the wipers" to the service writer.

21" (530mm) Valeo Ultimate model 900-21-11B. List price quoted at $24.51. Amazon price $16 and change.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
How is it that you need new wiper blades after just a year of use? Mine are as good as the day I bought the car and would expect to get several more years of use from them.

My last pair, on my Sonata, lasted 6 years - and that included snow, ice, rain and everything in between.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is it that you need new wiper blades after just a year of use? Mine are as good as the day I bought the car and would expect to get several more years of use from them.

My last pair, on my Sonata, lasted 6 years - and that included snow, ice, rain and everything in between.
That is very impressive. i have never had a set of blades last longer than about 1 1/2 years. And that is on every car I have ever owned, and there have been lots of them.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That is very impressive. i have never had a set of blades last longer than about 1 1/2 years. And that is on every car I have ever owned, and there have been lots of them.
Elsewhere here on P-9 a bunch of 981 owners mentioned how unusually durable the OEM Bosch blades are, several saying they outlast anything else and never need replacing after the usual year or so. (My own CS is only 9 months old so its efficacy tells us little.)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
21" (530mm) Valeo Ultimate model 900-21-11B. List price quoted at $24.51. Amazon price $16 and change.
Thanks, good solid info with part # and source; I bookmarked it at Amazon and unless something "better" comes along, I plan to try them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts