Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, members~

I took the delivery of 981 CS this month and have enjoyed break-in and floored the gas today.

I drove in the rain and wiper blade of the driverside left water residue when the wiper went back to the normal or original position after wipte the windshield. It seems to start from the center of the blade on the wake. Residue looks like an arc. When the car is at standstill or low speed, it doesn't leave anything.There is no problem with the passanger side.

I conjecture that this has to do with the hollow part on the windblade bracket and on-coming wind.

I took it to the dealer and the service manager said that they tried with washer and didn't see any problem. He suggested I go there in the rain to check with them. I doubt they can fix this.

Is there anybody who fixed this problem or knows the solution.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think a good windshield polish is the best place to start and ensure the wiper blade is cleaned with washer fluid and a lint free cloth. One of my cars had a similar problem on the passenger side and this cured it. If not get the dealer to replace the wiper blades, one may be faulty.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Clean your windshield. There is nothing is wrong with your car.

Seriously. Your windshield might look clean but I'll bet that it isn't. Clean your windshield with a good window cleaner (not windex) and I'll bet you will see a difference.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I had CQuartz Flyby Forte applied and it keeps the glass very clean. It is also applied to the wipers to help them glide. They make zero sound at all. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My 2013 did that from day one. I assumed it was the wiper blade/arm. Replaced it and it still did it. Later had the windshield replaced. Still does it. so different windshield and wipers didn't correct it, so who knows...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have taken poctures while I was driving. I might have confused you.

What I mean by"residue" is not film-like one, it is as if there were water sprinkler in the center of the arm spraying water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have been more careful about choosing the word "residue".
It is more like water sprinkled from the arm or blade of the wiper. not like thin layer of residue on the surface.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i does not seem to have nothing to do with the windshield. I regret the fact that my phone camera only works with selfie that i could not take any photos while driving. next time I see to it that I ask the passenger to take some. hard to explain. I am short of right vocabulary here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now the prblem is gone under 90 mph. I dont know what they did. Might have been a mimor problem. I will have to drive faster to see the problem rears its ugly head.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While driving , I used washer for the windshield and there it went again. The blade left splattered water marks on the wake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts