Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well oddly enough I have not really done many power take-offs on the street because I have to back off due to the speed limit.
But on a few resent occasions I was stoped at a light or stop sign and the speed ahead was 110kph :naughty: .
OK time to tramp it through first and into second. Well to my suprise I got a nice strong rear wheel power spin changing into second gear :eek: . Was a bit shocked it had that much power (err, no Im not stock btw) now, obviously more than the old tuned "Freek-o-Cayman S". The old 06 could barely do that! And this was with loads of tyre tread, dry grippy road etc.
Nice!!! :dance:
Anybody else?

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
In Sport Mode and not quite used to the clutch feel yet in the car after a week - I spun out quite a bit in 2nd. I was giving my neighbors rides and did not want to stall so added more RPMs than needed.

My 17 year old neighbor mentioned after the ride that he felt like his eyeballs were rolling to the back of his head and things got fuzzy until I eased off. Most of my other passengers just screamed - hopefully in pure excitement. Although a couple have tried reaching for the Oh S t handle - but then just hung on to the seat.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
You gotta be kidding 4by4 !

Now you tried doing so?

ahhhh, and how do you think I require new tires after only 12,000 km (7500 mile) ?!! :D

You should enjoy the happy tail when oversteering it... if I just had an LSD!!! :burnout:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well oddly enough I have not really done many power take-offs on the street because I have to back off due to the speed limit.
But on a few resent occasions I was stoped at a light or stop sign and the speed ahead was 110kph :naughty: .
OK time to tramp it through first and into second. Well to my suprise I got a nice strong rear wheel power spin changing into second gear :eek: . Was a bit shocked it had that much power (err, no Im not stock btw) now, obviously more than the old tuned "Freek-o-Cayman S". The old 06 could barely do that! And this was with loads of tyre tread, dry grippy road etc.
Nice!!! :dance:
Anybody else?
What mods do you have?

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You gotta be kidding 4by4 !

Now you tried doing so?

ahhhh, and how do you think I require new tires after only 12,000 km (7500 mile) ?!! :D

You should enjoy the happy tail when oversteering it... if I just had an LSD!!! :burnout:
Well Im just talking about second gear here. First gear is a different story.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I'm sure your Cayman S is quick, but I think this stock Gen II 6MT is still spinning in second gear. (see just before the 3 minute mark)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.