1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok This has been a long time comming
Was origionaly going to get a cayman in 2006
But got an exige s instaed
Then whent from that to a V8 Vantage and Now !!!!!!!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
You have owned some very nice vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats! the Cayman is a weapon, different to anything out there.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The car looks great, congrats :cheers:

The Exige to Aston must have been a hell of a change! What makes you go from the Aston to the CS though? Personally if I ever had the Vantage I'm not sure I'd change it for anything.....except change of circumstances of course.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Very nice!

I like the black rims on the grey. Something for me to think about, humm....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice croc-choice :)
I'd also like to hear some things about the aston, as it has a rather powerfull allure on me! Love it inside & outside, but I have never driven one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car looks great, congrats :cheers:

The Exige to Aston must have been a hell of a change! What makes you go from the Aston to the CS though? Personally if I ever had the Vantage I'm not sure I'd change it for anything.....except change of circumstances of course.
To be honest i loved my v8v but because of that i treated it as art rather than a car
i only drove it 1000 miles in a year and i wanted somthing i could track

I also considered Gallardo but felt i just could not bring it to work ( same as the v8v )
The cayman is fantastic

A great blend of out and out track car but with a bit of lux

You dont get any better handling than a mid engined car

Track days here we come again

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Think you might find yourself gobbling up Exiges' for breakfast on track, I thought that they should be faster and handle better than a cayman, and was a little stunned at just how much they roll in the corners !!

Howie, an ex-member here (but he still joins us for run outs) brought his Aston for a little run up the "Cat & Fiddle" earlier this year and realised just how heavy the Aston felt. Below:

Looking forward to seeing you on track for a bit of fun !!:hilarious::hilarious:

Like your colour choice and detailing bye the way ...looks goooooooooooood

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
like that front plate. {unreconstructed}:burnout:
Just in case you thought that was just a made up front plate (like you see on some US cars) it isn't, it's actually his registration number.

I wish more places had number plate systems like the UK so that you could find something personal. I'm still waiting for the DVLA to release my plate GAM 88A (It's part of my last name).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just in case you thought that was just a made up front plate (like you see on some US cars) it isn't, it's actually his registration number.

I wish more places had number plate systems like the UK so that you could find something personal. I'm still waiting for the DVLA to release my plate GAM 88A (It's part of my last name).
Im still waiting for the retention certificate to come back so i can put it on the cayman

And yes exiges do roll a fair bit i was suprised had to upgrade to ohlins

V8 vantage was just to heavey

Will let you know on the caymen soon
especialy as its a pdk :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Interesting progression of vehicles. While others may be confused as to why you would go from the Aston to the Cayman, I can definitely see the logic behind it. It properly marries the tracking ability of the Exige S which the comfort and sophistication of the Aston. Seems like the best of both world to me. Plus who wants to worry about a temperamental Aston?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I had a chance to drive my wife's cousin's V8V last weekend back to back w/ my CS and while the Aston's exterior design is simply stunning and its V8 rumble alluring, it didn't nearly compare to the tactile experience of the CS. It seems more more of a car to be seen in than a true driver's car.

BTW, you can pick up a 2-3 year old V8V for the same $ as a well spec'd new CS. A new V8V is GT3 or Turbo money and that's what I would do in that situation, every time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts