Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Like a lot of you Ive been a fan of all things porsche since childhood. Well Im making some of those childhood dreams come true as I just finalized a deal for a CPO 2014 Cayman S and I could not be more excited. The car has a bunch more options then Id thought Id get but I couldnt pass up the deal...heres a list:

2014 CS 5,664 miles
White with agate grey/pebble grey two tone interior

Bi-Xenon™ Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
  • Center Console Trim Painted
  • Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
  • Instrument Dials in White
  • Leather Package
  • Manual Transmission
  • ParkAssist (Front and Rear)
  • Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
  • Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
  • Power adjustable and heated side mirrors on door panels
  • Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

• Power Steering Plus
  • Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
  • Rear Wiper
  • Seat Belts in Silver Grey
  • Seat Ventilation
  • Sport Chrono Package (i.c.w. PCM)
  • Sport Exhaust System
  • Telephone Module
  • Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
  • 20" Carrera S Wheels
Clear bra installed

The car is located in SC and Im in WA so Im taking a week off, flying out, and driving the car home! Should be a memorable trip.

-Mike

·
Registered
626 Posts
Fantastic! Enjoy and post pics once you pick her up!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow, that is a really nice car with a great list of options. It will be a fantastic road trip. I hope you have time to enjoy some of the sights on way home.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Congratulations! That will be a GREAT road trip. I'm doing something similar once my P-car arrives in southwestern Ontario.

Don't forget to post up some pics.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on a great car. Sounds as if you will have a great week! Please take some pics on the trip home (you'll have some fantastic photo opportunities) and share.
Safe travels!
Chuck

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I'll second the comments here. That looks like a fantastic spec Porsche. And the idea of driving it home on a nice long trip sounds like a dream. I agree with the others, take pictures to share the trip.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I echo the congratulations on finding a well-equipped car.

A road trip home is a great bonding experience. You'll learn a lot about the car in a short time.

I've bought two out-of-state cars and then flown out to close the deal and drive them home.
I also drove my '11 CS 230 miles to the dealership to trade and then drive my new GTS home.

Enjoy as I did with each of my trips; and +1 for pictures.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Driving cross country in your new Porsche - what can be more exciting! When I was looking for my 981S I was so hoping I'd find a deal far away. But my local damn dealer took my dreams away :)

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Extra bonus - Smoky Mountains with greatest driving roads in the country is right on your way home! You can do a portion of blue ridge parkway, tail of the dragon and a few more great roads in first few days! I can dig up my thread about that region, if you wish

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Not sure what part of WA you're in but if it's Seattle-Tacoma-ish WA then PM me and lets grab a ......coffee.....(not at all a stereotype)...someplace when you're back. Congrats. Great build.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Excellent! Congrats and great move doing a road trip...I did that with my last car, 900 miles - was a memorable experience.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Looks like a nicely optioned CS, Congrats! since it's cleared bra, you don't have to wrap the front with blue tape. I picked mine up from Ohio last September and had a memorable road trip home to Littleton, Colorado. Stopped in Detroit, Chicago, Des Moines, and a couple of other cities before the trip back. It was fun.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Super nice car with great options. I bought mine Feb 3 and now have 3500 miles. Love it! Wish I had the PTV, and am just slightly jealous of the sport chrono +, because am good at blipping the throttle for downshifts, so it's not that important.
Just be careful not to lug the engine, and no high rpm till the oil temp is 190F or so. I set my displays to read Oil Temp at the top, so I can be sensitive to that every time I take it out for a blast.

·
Registered
507 Posts
amazing build man, have a safe trip home!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mike,

Congratulations! I just did the same thing last week on a 14 Boxter S with a very similar build! Had a great time!

Everything about the car in Sport Plus mode will make you gobble like a school girl!

Some packing tips;

- USB Stick with your favorite music
- USB phone cord
- Radar Detector

Enjoy man!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts