Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Arctic Cayman S for 6 months and yes it's a sweet as a nut. Lovely. But, I must say now that the disease I picked up whilst waiting for it - specification dilema disease (SDD) has never left me. I fondlyremember this forum endlessly debating their spec's.

And so to colour...again. I was in the garage today (getting the mandatory squeaks from the hatch sorted) and the guys showed me a 997 Turbo in white. It looked sensational. I know white is pretty common car colour in the US, but has anyone gone for a white Cayman in the US or Europe. I reckon with 19' classics it would look amazing + a white centre console. Who's done it andwho would be brave enough to do it were you to buy a second Cayman?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Free: In addition to the niftyitem shown above, our Registry has 11 Carrara White Camans S. Not a huge number, of 208 registered, but not negligible either. I'm planning on a White/Cocoa Cayman early next year. Saw both a Cayman S and Boxster in that combo last week; absolutely awesome!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I live in Japan and I went for white w/black interior. Order was placed early last August, build date November 2, received the car December 24th - a great Christmas present. At the six month point I can safely say that I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Administrator
34,485 Posts
Yes, and in fact if I might spills the beans a little bit we are in negotiations with the firm that makes this car, kit and performance items to offer them in the U.S. and at a discount to Cayman Club members, possible even a group buy on items that people are interested in.

This car in particular has a Stage 1 body kit
Stage 1 suspension
Carbon strut brace
Stage 1 brakes
Sport exhaust (complete system headers back)
Engine Stage 1 (325hp)
19' BBS wheels

More info to follow soon I hope!

Can you buy this body kit? Beautiful/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbsup.gif

<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />

IfI had 93,000 euros I would buy this white car:

/UserFiles/caymangtr1.jpg
<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />
</blockquote>

·
Registered
217 Posts
Y.D.M, K-Man S!! Thanks for spillin' the beans/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/shades_smile.gif

Yes, and in fact if I might spills the beans a little bit we are in negotiations with the firm that makes this car, kit and performance items to offer them in the U.S. and at a discount to Cayman Club members, possible even a group buy on items that people are interested in.

This car in particular has a Stage 1 body kit
Stage 1 suspension
Carbon strut brace
Stage 1 brakes
Sport exhaust (complete system headers back)
Engine Stage 1 (325hp)
19' BBS wheels

More info to follow soon I hope!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
White looks stunning on the Cayman, here's one that I was tempted by, White with Sand Beige, although I would've preferred White with Cocoa. Think the 19' Carrera Sport wheels go really well with thisCayman (although I would agree with previous posts that Carrera Sports probably look better on dark cars)

<input type="image" src="/UserFiles/white cayman S (Small).jpg" />

Edited by - Papa in Austin on 06/23/2006 2:25:11 PM

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
http://www.rsr911.it/

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="600" align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="50%"><span class="descrelem">Technical data[/quote]
<span class="descrelem">Body:[/quote]
<ul type="circle">
[*]<span class="descrelem">stage 1Kit cayman gt: Bumpers ant and post, moustaches, taken air lateral, fixed posterior wing, extracting machine, stopper refueling oil[/quote]
[*]<span class="descrelem">stage 2 Kit cayman gt clubsport: Beyond to stage 1 doors and cowling in kevlar, seats clubsport, antifire, adjustable posterior wing, lightening nside, battery light, additional radiator.[/quote]
[/list]

Circles: Several BBS 19 with designs

Order:
<ul type="circle">
[*]stage 1 order sport with manual regulation
[*]stage 2 order sport with regulation electronic
[*]set distances them
[*]bar domes in carbon
[*]uniball (ClubSport version)
[/list]

Brakes:
<ul type="circle">
[*]stage 1 special tablets and tubes air
[*]stage 2 system in carboceramica
[/list]

The Cayman Gt is super car a specially built ones and will come second realized desires of the customer, is in fact innumerevoli the aesthetic combinations of personalizzazione, techniques and, from we developed, also the color of the auto body and the inner ones could be realizes to you on champion. </td>
<td width="2%"></td>
<td valign="top" width="50%"><span class="descrelem">
Drainage:
<ul type="circle">
[*]Stage 1 sport drainage double escape 90 racing sound
[*]Stage 2 sport drainage double escape 90 silenziato with kat sportswomen and collectors sportswomen
[/list]
Motor:
<ul type="circle">
[*]stage 1 3,4 325cv with modifications aspiration, telephone exchange and radiator of additional cooling
[*]stage 2 3,8 with 380cv
[*]stage 3 3,6 I biupset with 550cv
[/list]
Inner:
<ul type="circle">
[*]coverings in special skin on champion
[*]kit carbon
[*]kit aluminum
[*]kit titanium
[*]button ignition
[*]battitacco and tappetini it personalizes to you
[*]nameplate with production number
[*]ClubSport seats
[*]rollbar
[*]burglar alarm to satellitare
[/list]

The entire process of realization of the Cayman Gt happens near the center of the RSR911 where the staff of Robert Sikkens street Porsche works with the maximum professionality matured in thirty years of experience in the world and motorsport. [/quote]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="copyright">Brochures
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I know that black receives a lot of criticism because it takes so much work to keep it clean. My CS is flat black and I think it is a beautiful color and makes the car look very menacing. I have had it since Feb 27 and I have washed it once a week and plan to Zymol every 3 months. I just finished it's first wax. I broke it up into a three day job and it was not bad at all. Waxing allows you to admire all of the CS beauty. Almost as good as giving your lady (or man) a sponge bath!

Tony

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I had an '07 on order in white/black. All the sports cars I had previously owned were white, just worked out that way and was about to again. I had seen a few white ones on dealer lots, and as everyone says -- gorgeous! My mind had been made up, aaaahhhh?....OK. Here's why I changed my mind to the Cobalt Blue that I have now. When my brother-in-law was visiting we toured a few Porscehdealerships including one with a white car on the lot. His observation was that in a static view the white is quite striking, but in the walk around view, darker and deeper metallic colors bring out the curves much better. For me, this car is about the curves. White is classic, though, and I will still probably feel a twinge of regret when I see a White beauty out cruising around. If you can only own one, pick a color and don't look back. Even the greens are remarkably striking after viewing the photos on this and other sites. Have you ever seen a Cayman you would kick out of bed for eating crackers?

·
Registered
245 Posts
While I was picking up my white/cocoa (soon to be metallic blue, but that's another story)Cayman at the Factory last week there was another American picking up a white C4S Cab. My German friends tell me white is all the rage in Europe now.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
KaiserSozay,

Actually, it is the standard issue black. My use of flat black is an error. There is a picture of it in my profile. I need to add more pics of my beauty!

You were talking about the lines. When I picked up my car from Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta, the salesman I worked with told me that when he went to the initiation for dealers, The Porsche rep spent at least an hour talking just about the 'S' curve that makes up the rear fender. He said it was very difficult to work out and very expensive. The Porsche guy also said that no other car on the market has this sophisticated 'S' curve.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts