Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...buying a salvaged Cayman? There is one for sale by a dealer who only sells salvaged cars - usually high end sports cars and normally from water damage. The price, naturally, is way below market value. Anyone ever buy a salvaged vehicle? How did it turn out?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
...buying a salvaged Cayman? There is one for sale by a dealer who only sells salvaged cars - usually high end sports cars and normally from water damage. The price, naturally, is way below market value. Anyone ever buy a salvaged vehicle? How did it turn out?
Do a search for water damage. There are at least three relatively recent threads on this topic

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I should have checked that first. All set.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a salvage 993 to turn into a race car only, it had rear suspension damage. The issues besides the potential electrical/mechanical problems are that you may have trouble insuring the car, a bank will probably not finance the car, and resale is tough.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have done this in the distant past with motor cycles - nothing is as it seems and you need plenty of time and patience (and often money). I'd be fairly wary of high end cars - I would make sure you can get key parts such as ECUs and that a dealer is able and willing to code them for the vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.