Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Would you exchange your used 987 for a new GT-R at no extra cost?

• Total voters
161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
The only thing I know for sure about the GT-R is that it was the only car to get towed home last time I was at the track ;)g

·
Registered
99 Posts
If maintenance was also covered, or at least put on par with Cayman expenses then I would definitely trade for a GT-R.

Benefits:
1) I get back seats with a really cool looking bass system.
2) AWD for those snowy days
3) Quad Tailpipes (I've always loved the look)
4) Sheer performance
5) Everyday will seem like I'm playing Gran Turismo 5

Negatives:
1) Ricer styling
2) Ridiculously expensive maintenance, although it might be a fallacy..

·
Registered
565 Posts
What a good question, considering I just got smoked by one last weekend :D
Hello Trewyn & all;

I disagree: the GT-R has way more power than the Cayman so there is no way you could have a fair race.

I'd like to see what would happen if he tried to make a right-turn onto a cross street at 45 MPH. ;)

regards,
tony.podrasky

·
Registered
49 Posts
Being that I have never driven a GT-R, I'm not sure. I do know I'd like to take an extended test drive. Everything that I have read makes it sound like an extremely impressive car.

Isn't there about a $30k price difference between the two?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I test drove both before i took the plunge. And yes, gtR was indeed lightyears faster than the boxster.
This was before i met my fiance.. And a couple of phone calls i made before i purchased the car to my female friends made it very clear.

"But, why do you want to buy a Nissan?"
Vs
"Omg! U r getting a Porsche?!!"

Now that i look back, i feel like i still made the right choice. It still puts a big smile on my face whenever i am on the road.
And Plus, i would not have had the chance to join this wonderful forum of people had i gone the other way. :)
But then again, i shrink whenever a GtR is in the next lane.

:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
This thread is pretty silly, it's a daft question to be asking in the first place!

Would you swap a brand new car for your 3,4 or 5 year old car for nothing, of course you would.

Brand new GT-R =sold=newer Cayman, simple! :hilarious:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I test drove both before i took the plunge. And yes, gtR was indeed lightyears faster than the boxster.
This was before i met my fiance.. And a couple of phone calls i made before i purchased the car to my female friends made it very clear.

"But, why do you want to buy a Nissan?"
Vs
"Omg! U r getting a Porsche?!!"

Now that i look back, i feel like i still made the right choice. It still puts a big smile on my face whenever i am on the road.
And Plus, i would not have had the chance to join this wonderful forum of people had i gone the other way. :)
But then again, i shrink whenever a GtR is in the next lane.

:)
You should have bought a used 911 like I did!! :taunt:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Saw this on another forum today ....

No favorite . . . all very different. The ACR is essentially my track car--Mopar PCM, Belanger headers, Corsa racing exhaust, 6 point harnesses, etc. The GT-R is my daily driver and has been rock solid reliable for commuting. And the Ford GT and Carrera GT are just so unique and have that "X" factor. And yes, the ACR, FGT and CGT are quite raw and the polar opposite to the GT-R.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Saw this on another forum today ....

No favorite . . . all very different. The ACR is essentially my track car--Mopar PCM, Belanger headers, Corsa racing exhaust, 6 point harnesses, etc. The GT-R is my daily driver and has been rock solid reliable for commuting. And the Ford GT and Carrera GT are just so unique and have that "X" factor. And yes, the ACR, FGT and CGT are quite raw and the polar opposite to the GT-R.
I would have my manual Gen 2 997 3.6 in there, a manual Gen 2 Cayman S, a PDK 991 GT3 (when it comes out) and probably a manual 997 GT3 Gen 2 :)

I do like the Ford GT though!! thanks for posting :cheers:

161 - 172 of 172 Posts