Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get on a plane next week. The winter rat is out for repairs. Would you park your Cayman at the Airport for three days? Not sleeping well with this idea. You guys will probably have hundreds of horror stories on this.

oh and the company pays for parking not limos.

Thanks
ssmv650

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have to get on a plane next week. The winter rat is out for repairs. Would you park your Cayman at the Airport for three days? Not sleeping well with this idea. You guys will probably have hundreds of horror stories on this.

Thanks
ssmv650
Nope, I would call the blue shuttle if you have one at your airport. I think it would be about the same as parking fees...maybe a little more.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts

Thanks
ssmv650
I would take a bus or airport van, there are some things that you should not worry about spending a few extra dollars on and this is one of them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I park almost every week. Valet. The only way to do it! My car is usually the least expensive one there.

Airport parking and valet...you are a gambler

Read up on some of the valet horror stories. Just because you have been lucky doesn't mean it will last forever. I imagine they have a decent turn over and you will get that valet guy sometime that just doesn't care.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Would you park your Cayman at the Airport for three days?
Would I? I did.

At Toronto on the roof of the parking garage and a genuine blizzard blew through. My flight back got cancelled (was only supposed to be gone 24 hours and I got back 3 days later to find my car under no joke about 12" of snow. I dug it out with my bare hands (actually wrapped a shirt around my hands) and drove it home. Wouldn't do that again though.

Photo from the actual night!

Of course you won't be parking in a blizzard but I still wouldn't expose your car to unnecessary risk. Just leave it at home and take a limo.

·
Registered
992 Posts

Thanks
ssmv650
Sure. Caymans don't really stand out all things considered.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I would not.Vandalism would be my number one concern.Particularily with the climate today.I have parked Quality vehicles at the airport in times past.....Just my opinion....

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I'd take a limo even if I had to pay for it myself...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I've parked previous Porsche's at the airport , CVG, without incident. It was easy to find a corner spot and I covered the car. I'm sure other locations wouldn't be as safe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Would I? I did.

At Toronto on the roof of the parking garage and a genuine blizzard blew through. My flight back got cancelled (was only supposed to be gone 24 hours and I got back 3 days later to find my car under no joke about 12" of snow. I dug it out with my bare hands (actually wrapped a shirt around my hands) and drove it home. Wouldn't do that again though.

Photo from the actual night!

Of course you won't be parking in a blizzard but I still wouldn't expose your car to unnecessary risk. Just leave it at home and take a limo.
What tires do you have on it for the snow/ice? Do they work well?

And to the original post, its a toss up. I'm going to Vegas soon and facing the same thing. Either leave it home for the kids to drive or leave it at the airport for some jerk to leave a huge door ding. If I go "valet" at one of the lots they may pull a Ferris Bueller and rack up 200 miles! Honest though, my opinion is a guarded valet lot near the airport with a shuttle. I have never had a problem with them.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
The photos are absolute brilliance! This kind of thing is what Porsche's should be about- daily drivers. It sucks that your car got buried under snow there but fantastic that you were willing to suffer that possibility to drive your car. I congratulate you on your experience.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Okay, so Texas has different weather, but have left my Croc @ airport numerous times in the past year. Off-site parking usually, covered parking a must, don't cover the car itself (oooh, look man, what's under that wrap? inviting problems). Have returned in a deluge and been safe & dry even if the parking lot itself has big puddles. But never a scratch or ding. Worst was being covered in dust/pollen but that washes off.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.