Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I have this semi-serious joke/ bet that if I were to go and trade in my 2009 Arctic Silver Cayman for an Arctic Silver standard 997 Carrera, my wife would not notice it immediately.

How long could I go without being found out? Hours, days? Heck, some of my co-workers cannot understand the difference between a Cayman and a Boxster. I am certain most non-Porsche enthusiast would be able to detect the above-mentioned switcharoo. (Of course, I am not implying any lack of design distinction between the two models, just pondering some permutations.) What do you think? :hilarious:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ahhh. The trick is to find someone who has that silver 997 and is willing to help you play that particular prank on your wife. I have a boxster otherwise I would have readily assisted you in this endeavour. Good luck.

·
Registered
570 Posts
In literally 2 seconds I would hear: "What the hell did you do now!?!?!"

One of the downsides of your S.O. becoming a car geek by osmosis is that they then notice subtle things like you changing cars ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Tifosi, my purchase of a CS has made my wife much more interested in cars in general and Porsches in particular. There is one other significant point. A 911 has back seats (a place to put a purse) where a Cayman does not. I think even the most obtuse of wives would notice that!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Same color in and out, mine wouldn't catch the play, and if she questioned it I could tell her I added a little mod and that'd be the end of it, sorry to bash her but it's true, she just dosen't care, my kids 27 and 21 would blow me in right away...........ma you see what he did,,,pls post results if put to the test

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't really know. Sometimes I think about whether the Porsche would know if I changed my wife, tho.

·
Registered
463 Posts
This has got to be one of the funniest threads. If you stripped the name off the tail and just kept her outside the vehicle there's not a chance in hell she'd notice. If she got in and noticed something different behind the seats I'm confident she could be talked into believing the car always had rear seats and she just didn't notice because I had them folded down. How do I know her so well? I bought a Carrara White Boxster with a solid black interior. I had Eric at Bumperplugs provide me with a matching Carrara White center console, White upper door pieces (the ones around the door openers) and a White steering wheel piece that forms the lower "Y" shape. She's driven in it several times since they were installed and never mentioned a word about the change from Night to Day. God love them.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Yes she would but most likely not get too excited, just a comment like "when did you plan on telling me you got a new car". After 20 years of marriage and 24 new vehicle purchases, she has given up on me, apparently I'm hopeless.:crazy:

·
Registered
241 Posts
My wife just walked in my office to see what I was reading--so I posed the question to her. She thought for a moment then furrowed her brow and gave me a look like, "I'm not certain I would." A very worried look I might add. :(
In reality I'm certain she would notice because she really likes the look of the Cayman much better than the 911 and could easily see the difference when I was searching for a Cayman last year.
Great woman that she is I already have the green light to find an early 911 once the Cayman's paid off (very quickly I might add). Oh, the 911 will be a companion to the Cayman.
BW

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.