Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, long time lurker, first time post.

I have a 2014 Cayman S that came with the carbon fiber interior package. I am find it darkens up the interior too much and would like to swap it out for silver trim. My question is what is necessary to get all of it out? It looks like the trim around the key/headlight just pops off with a proper pry tool? Seems the tricky part is the cup holder cartridge, looks like the glove box needs to be removed?

Anyway, any insight appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
The cup holder supposedly just pulls out. DO NOT pull on the door of the cup holder as this will damage it; pull on the body itself. I tried this method with no success so I discovered an alternate method. There are two tabs on the top of the cup holder that need to be released. They are located just inboard of the cup holder door itself. Slide a plastic "credit card" between the top of the cup holder and the dash at this location until it hits this tab (about 5 cm), then a second then a third, stacking them up. This will release the tab enabling removal.

Actually I used od AAA cards not credit cards.

Good luck.

williamr

·
Registered
80 Posts
The cup holder supposedly just pulls out. DO NOT pull on the door of the cup holder as this will damage it; pull on the body itself. I tried this method with no success so I discovered an alternate method. There are two tabs on the top of the cup holder that need to be released. They are located just inboard of the cup holder door itself. Slide a plastic "credit card" between the top of the cup holder and the dash at this location until it hits this tab (about 5 cm), then a second then a third, stacking them up. This will release the tab enabling removal.

Actually I used od AAA cards not credit cards.

Good luck.

williamr
This method works like a champ. It still took a bit of force but it came out, when it would not before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.