Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an ex 2.7 Cayman 5MT owner, and after an unfortunate accident totaled my beloved car am in the market for another Cayman.

Must Haves:
  • California car
    • I'm in the SF Bay Area, but I am willing to travel in-state for the right car
  • 6MT
  • Detailed maintenance records if the car has covered over 80k miles
  • Sport Chrono
  • Power Seats
  • XPA (Thicker, round steering wheel)
  • Black interior
Nice to Haves:
  • Little-to-no modifications
  • AOS replacement
  • Water pump replacement
  • Clutch job complete if the car has higher miles
  • Brake job complete (pads, rotors)
  • Complete maintenance history
  • 1-2 previous owners
  • PASM
  • 18" 5-spoke wheels
  • 19" Lobsterclaw wheels
Preferred Colours (not awfully attached to a colour, but white/silver is eh):
  • Seal Grey
  • Lapis Blue
  • Midnight Blue Metallic
  • Speed Yellow
  • Slate Grey Metallic
  • GTS Red

If you have a car or know of a car that fits these conditions, please PM me or respond to this thread and we can discuss further. I'm budgeting around $25-35k for this car, so I'd like to have most if not all the must-haves ticked on the car along with some of the nice to haves. I understand that the spec I want is definitely uncommon, but if I happened to find it used on my base 987.1 on CL, I'm sure an enthusiast community might be able to help me out here.

Thank you for your consideration!
- Bhavesh

Reactions: Rock Hopper

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump. Still in the market!

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sent you a PM. I haven’t listed my Cayman S (yet), but it appears to be exactly what you are looking for.
Responded via text message to the given number.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Be careful. You know what I mean, I'm sure.
Snakebitten, Not sure who that is meant for. However, I was able to connect with the original poster and he now knows about my Cayman. We live in the same area, so he should be able to check it out in person if he decides to pursue it. It's a rare find and I don't imagine it will last long once it goes up for sale.

*There were some difficulties because he dialed a wrong number, and because I have been unable to retrieve my former 10+ year old account here. That being said I had to create a new account just so I could post. If I can recover my old account I will likely go back to posting under that name.

If he doesn't end up acquiring my Cayman I will eventually put it up for sale here on the forum.

·
Registered
602 Posts
@Rock Hopper
I assure you that my intention was to simply point out that the circumstances of your post(s) in this thread were worthy of a careful approach to verify legitimacy. I did discover your single other post that was not in this thread and I admit that it was supportive of you and your legitimate intentions.
I hope you don't feel insulted personally, since this forum is phished almost daily by "just joined" users who immediately participate in threads regarding potential commerce between two members. It's unfortunate that cast a shadow on new members that are NOT intending ill intent.
Again, I hope you don't take it personal, and I apologize if it came across as an indictment. It was intended as only a caution.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Rock Hopper
I assure you that my intention was to simply point out that the circumstances of your post(s) in this thread were worthy of a careful approach to verify legitimacy. I did discover your single other post that was not in this thread and I admit that it was supportive of you and your legitimate intentions.
I hope you don't feel insulted personally, since this forum is phished almost daily by "just joined" users who immediately participate in threads regarding potential commerce between two members. It's unfortunate that cast a shadow on new members that are NOT intending ill intent.
Again, I hope you don't take it personal, and I apologize if it came across as an indictment. It was intended as only a caution.
Just wanted to hop in quickly and verify the legitimacy of @Rock Hopper, had quite the enjoyable conversation with him late last night regarding a car that met my WTB criteria and received photos via email of the car to verify the claims.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Rock Hopper
No worries! Believe me, I totally get it. I have several vehicles and participate in a few forums. There are trolls and scammers on all of them. I'm a little frustrated that my old account is linked to an inactive SBC email which prohibited me from recovering my password. My old username is Fyrrari and I will try to get back on that account. I too would have been wary of someone with no posting history, but I needed to create an account to reply @likethebossiam sooner than later. *I couldn't reply in a PM until I had at least one post.

So in short, no offense taken.

I hope this works out for likethebossiam as it looks like I have exactly what he is looking for. I wanted to give him 1st shot! If it doesn't for whatever reason, I will be posting my Cayman S for sale here. I have what I consider to be an amazing 5k mile, Seal Gray, 6 speed manual, fully optioned-every option except Ceramic brakes-(garaged and stored, never driven in the rain) flawless (as in perfect) Cayman S. I've yet to see another in this optioned, color, and condition.

It needs a good home so I figured this was the place to make it available.

That being said, and from one Porsche owner to another, Thank you for your thoughtful post/reply. All is good!

David
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wanted to hop in quickly and verify the legitimacy of @Rock Hopper, had quite the enjoyable conversation with him late last night regarding a car that met my WTB criteria and received photos via email of the car to verify the claims.
Likethebossiam, thank you for the comment! I too enjoyed talking to you and discussing the Cayman. It really seemed to check every box you have in your WTB post. I was glad we got to connect and would love for you to acquire this one. It's in impeccable condition and is ready for a new owner. I wish I had more time to drive it...I'd likely keep it, but it is far to nice to keep cooped up in a garage. I'll send or post a few more photos but I think you will need to see this Cayman in person. You won't be dissapointed.
Thanks again for your interest and let's see where it goes.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Steering wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Camera accessory

David

1 - 20 of 28 Posts