Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, that car is in phenomenal condition. What are you asking?
Thank you for the compliments. The Cayman is impeccable and believe it or not, pictures really don’t do it justice-it’s as nice or nicer than it was when it was purchased. I recently decided to (possibly) part with it, and put it on Craigslist last month for 49,995 -with a very limited description, to test the waters. Unfortunately, and unexpectedly I was unable/unavailable to show it, however it generated quite a bit of interest. I have ended the ad-Because 99 percent of the interest was from Porsche owners and enthusiasts, I decided that I should advertise it on a Porsche specific forum to someone that will appreciate it. I spent a lot of time on this forum a while back and therefore, thought I’d start here first, then maybe add it to Rennlist or Bring a Trailer or possibly a National auction. In my opinion it is a “needle in a haystack”, due to the year, color, options and extremely low mileage (5k original miles) and flawless condition. This is a car I’d rather be buying than selling-it’s that nice.

I’m OCD and take exceptional care of my cars. This particular Cayman S was fully optioned (with the exception of ceramic brakes). I doubt there is another one currently available that Is like this. No dents, no dings, no wear, no abuse, always garaged and never driven in the rain.

That all being said, I am going to give @likethebossiam the first shot at it, since it appeared to be exactly what he was looking for. As I read his WTB post, it was as if he was describing my Cayman. I believe in good Karma, and he has been looking for a long time. If things don’t work out, then I will post it here on this forum and hopefully get it sold to someone that is looking for an amazing Cayman S (they are truly incredible cars!)
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw it on Craigslist a few weeks ago at $50k. I thought it was an intriguing possibility, but I won't be actively in the market for a while yet, have to sell my '72 911T first.
@Arne yep, that was mine. It turned out it was not the right time for me to sell as I was unexpectedly away and could not show the car. That was on me. Anyway, the ad is down and the Cayman will be available here, (if likethebossiam doesn’t purchase it). I just thought I’d put it out there if you were remotely considering…or decide to change your plans and jump into the market. (I’ve been looking and there doesn’t seem to be anything close to this particular Cayman.)
Besides, there is nothing wrong with having 2 Porsches! 😜

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone is interested my 2006 Cayman S is now up for sale and I will be posting it in the Classifieds, Craigslist and likely Bring a Trailer. I wanted to give the members here first shot at it.
Thanks~

Porsche Cayman S-Loaded/Fully Optioned with ONLY 5,000 original miles! Showroom condition Flawless

3.4/6cyl 295hp, 6 speed manual transmission. This Porsche S model Cayman is PERFECT in every way, fully optioned and is in new condition (it still has the new car smell). It has always been garaged (never driven in the rain), never eaten in, never tracked, never raced. The Cayman has been adult owned and has never been abused. All records available (Binder of records and receipts), NO accidents, CLEAN title (in hand)/and clear Car Fax. 2 sets of keys/Documentation/Window Sticker/Sales literature included.

The Cayman S is an extremely well balanced, mid-engine car with head turning looks. This one was ordered fully loaded with thousands of dollars in options and the flagship Porsche Seal Grey metallic paint. The build quality of this Porsche is phenomenal. I am only selling it because I do not have the time to drive it and it deserves to be enjoyed.

Factory options include;
-Premium Color (Seal Grey Metallic) ($825)
-Black Leather Interior W/Power Seats ($1,550)
-Bose Sound System/9 speaker ($950)
-PCM 2.1 Navigation ($3,000)
-Bi-Xenon Headlight Package ($1,090)
-Heated Seats ($480)
-19" Carrera S Wheels ($1,550)
-PASM Porsche Active Suspension Management ($1,990)
-TMPS system ($590)
-Park Assist System ($530)
-Sport Chrono Package/Plus ($920)
-Sport Steering Wheel ($250)

Additional Choice (exclusive) Factory upgrades include;

-Guards Red Seat Belts ($995.00)
-Red (monocolor) Tail lights ($340.00)
-Dual exhaust tips/Cayman Sports Tailpipe ($380.00)
-Aluminum Style Porsche Tequipment Fuel Cap ($130.00)
-Clear side markers (59.00)
-Porsche factory Cover ($245.00)

This Cayman S looks, drives and operates just like new at a fraction of the price of a new model. The 2006 Cayman is arguably one of the best looking and handling Porsches and retains the original Cayman 987 design. The paint is flawless (no chips, scratches or dings) and the interior shows no signs of wear. With only 5k original miles the Cayman S is a wonderful car to own and a phenomenal car to drive providing a rare opportunity to purchase a (like) new Porsche Cayman S at reasonable price. If you are looking for a Cayman and want the best, you must see this one to appreciate the amazing condition it is in.

Please contact me with any questions or to set up an appointment to view the car. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There’s a really good one in the 987 spotted in th wild thread in the 987 forum… but it’s in Cherry red.
Would you be so kind as to post the link? Thanks :))

Reactions: Rock Hopper

·
Registered
2007 987C 2.7L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just took a look into it. Not the biggest fan of DEEJ11's .1CS, but later in the thread, this '08 S came up. Thanks for the find, I might talk to the member who shared it because they claim to be an hour away from the car.

Thanks!

Reactions: snakebitten
21 - 28 of 28 Posts