Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find some upgrades for me 987!

Looking for a Cayman R PSE muffler, happy to take just the mufflers or the whole exhaust if someone is selling!

Also looking for a sport steering wheel, non-PDK, in leather or Alcantara both fine (pic taken one from that I missed buying a while ago)

thank you =)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trying to find some upgrades for me 987!

Looking for a Cayman R PSE muffler, happy to take just the mufflers or the whole exhaust if someone is selling!

Also looking for a sport steering wheel, non-PDK, in leather or Alcantara both fine (pic taken one from that I missed buying a while ago)

thank you =)

View attachment 267066
I’m sorry if this’s too quick but I’ve got a recommendation. Send [email protected] a mail to see if he can be of help. I’ve bought from him before but it’s okay to doubt because of scammers out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might a new member on planet9 but I have over a thousand posts on rennlist being a long time 911 owner. I can smell a scammer from across Lake Michigan.

Thank you for the recommendation though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey light Spyder - I am fairly certain Porsche did not make a R version of their PSE with the larger diameter pipes. Any R equipped with PSE from the factory got the standard PSE and not the special 55mm tube exhaust which is a shame for anyone who paid for that option IMO. Source: did some research as an R owner who also wanted PSE, but decided to go with Carnewal modified R headers and mufflers when I found this out. I have my R exhaust for sale. I suppose one could weld the PSE equipment onto R mufflers to get an "official" R PSE exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice.

Cayman R did have XLF (PSE) specific mufflers
987.113.141.50 L
987.113.142.50 R

you are right that someone could cut off the piping leading into the headers from a stock cayman R exhaust and swap them to any 987.2 PSE exhaust. Or it may be easier/cheaper to just ask a exhaust ship to create a custom tubing matching that part and weld on.

Either way I would prefer a cleaner OEM swap fit on.

I understand in your seat that retrofitting a PSE to a non PSE car is very laborious due to the wiring involved. I would not do it if my car did not initially have PSE!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll be damned! I almost spread some disinformation based on some disinformation I read... ha. So they do exist and you might get lucky finding one removed from a track prepped R. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries. All with good interest!

I think there should be some of these lying around like you said from track prepped or modded CRs, just need someone to help me help them clear their garage rack!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shoot me an offer for my R PSE Exhaust. I don't really have intention of getting rid of it, but it is currently boxed so I suppose shipping it wouldn't be the most impossible thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any information about your car, how long it was used for, when it was taken off, and some pictures of the exhaust?

where are you located?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have any information about your car, how long it was used for, when it was taken off, and some pictures of the exhaust?

where are you located?
I'm in california. Exhaust has ~15k miles or so on it, no pictures yet I will need to get home and pull it out of its box. Perfect working order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts