Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got an 08 Cayman S. Looking to buy a few parts (new or lightly used)

1. Mantis 2L oil sump;
2. Motorsport AOS;
3. Guard LSD.

Also looking for a sachs clutch and flywheel just in case someone has new parts laying around that they want to get rid off.

Email me at levaabr [at] gmail com.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the completed build list in case someone has parts they would like to get rid off:

1. GT3 Brake ducts
2. GT master cylinder
3. 3rd radiator
4. Motorsport AOS
5. Deeper oil sump with baffles
6. TTP Kit “oil safer kit”
7. Guard LSD
8. LN thermostat
9. Clutch
10. Flywheel
11. Numeric short shifter
12. DVO or another oil pressure gauge to replace the sports chrono timer
13. New water pump

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE. The following parts have been purchased: GT3 brake ducts, GT3 Master cylinder, 3rd radiator, deep oil sump, LN thermostat and the numeric racing short shifter. Still looking for:

1. Guard LSD;
2. DVO or another oil pressure gauge instead of sports chrono;
3. Clutch;
4. Flywheel;
5. Motorsport AOS (may purchase this last).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a new engine build with 2x TTP kit, deep sump and accusump, but engine still only lasted 1500miles on track. I fully believe the problem is air in the oil that make the bearings fail, not oil starvation.

First thing I would do is to replace the crap oil-return pipes with them from the 996 engine https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...-a235-4ba2-a816-74473fd555f0.jpg?v=1485352084 , fit deep sump and make sure you use a good oil.
For my next engine I will take all the scavenged oil from the heads out of the engine, true an oil/air separator Spintric® - Air Oil Separator :: ARE Drysump Engineering and oil-cooler before returning it to the sump.

Good luck with your project :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Here is the completed build list in case someone has parts they would like to get rid off:

1. GT3 Brake ducts
2. GT master cylinder
3. 3rd radiator
4. Motorsport AOS
5. Deeper oil sump with baffles
6. TTP Kit “oil safer kit”
7. Guard LSD
8. LN thermostat
9. Clutch
10. Flywheel
11. Numeric short shifter
12. DVO or another oil pressure gauge to replace the sports chrono timer
13. New water pump
Chris, Were you able to complete your project sucessfully? I am interested in the TTP kit "oil safe kit" that can be purchased from Germany. I have upgraded my cooling system to include new CSF radiators and a CSF GT3 997 center with chimney exhaust and a GT3 oil/water heat exchanger. Three mechanical 270 degree Autometer gauges, oil temp, water temp and most important oil pressure into a WRX gauge holder mounted on the dashboard. The TTP kit, LN said is not available any longer, however it shows up on the TTP web site. Just curious if you were successful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris, Were you able to complete your project sucessfully? I am interested in the TTP kit "oil safe kit" that can be purchased from Germany. I have upgraded my cooling system to include new CSF radiators and a CSF GT3 997 center with chimney exhaust and a GT3 oil/water heat exchanger. Three mechanical 270 degree Autometer gauges, oil temp, water temp and most important oil pressure into a WRX gauge holder mounted on the dashboard. The TTP kit, LN said is not available any longer, however it shows up on the TTP web site. Just curious if you were successful.
I sold the car before completing the build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.