Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would think twice about a harness bar, from a safety aspect, especially in roll over as unlikely as that may be. If you run PCA you need a HANS device and the neck can’t collapse so it will stick out. Not what you want! A half cage is only slightly more , offers much more protection and also stiffens chassis. I started the same way you did and it was an unnecessary expense at the end of the day. That being said the BK harness bar is very nice. Good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does your roll cage have fittings for the harness, I am planning on removing my Brey Krause harness bar and it will be for sale. Already sold my race seats with rails and harness.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont have them. Wasnt sure I needed them. I thought some people attach them without the fittings. What size fittings are they though?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you have a horizontal bar, then you can wrap the harness around them. I have the Heigo roll bar and there isn't a horizontal bar, just the X-Bar so a separate harness bar is necessary. On my GT3, the roll bar has accomodations which allow eye bolt through which the harness is looped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a horizontal bar, then you can wrap the harness around them. I have the Heigo roll bar and there isn't a horizontal bar, just the X-Bar so a separate harness bar is necessary. On my GT3, the roll bar has accomodations which allow eye bolt through which the harness is looped.
I have a roll bar with a horizontal bar behind the seats so I don't think I need them but I'll look in to it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts