Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Haven't posted here in a while. I'm thinking about trading in my 911S for a Cayman GTS. The 911 is a great car, but as the previous owner of three different Cayman S cars, I kind of miss the little croc. I also hate the electronic e-brake, but I guess even the 981 has that. Anyway, if you had to choose between a car with an X73 SS or PTV, which route would you go? Both manual transmission cars. I might do an autocross or two, but mostly spirited backroads driving. Not necessarily a DD (I have a Golf R for that) but I would like to run it down to Deal's Gap (from NJ) in occasion.

Frank

·
Registered
475 Posts
Both!

I would take X73 over PTV any day.

You can add a better differential later if desired.

(Agree on the e-brake - sad progress)

Reactions: Nimche

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a side by side. The PTV car also has deviated interior (which I really like)

027 - Instrument Dials in Carmine Red
088 - Deviated Interior Package
220 - Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
344 - Wheels Painted in Black Satin
509 - Fire Extinguisher
583 - Smoking package
658 - Power Steering Plus
852 - Bi-Xenon™ Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
GQ - Leather Interior in Black incl. GTS Alcantara® Package, Carmine Red
P13 - Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
P9A - Convenience Package
P9G - Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
S2 - Rhodium Silver Metallic

and

344 - Wheels Painted in Black Satin
509 - Fire Extinguisher
594 - Rooflining in Alcantara®
CGG - Sport Chrono clock dial in Guards Red
GW - Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara®
P13 - Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
P9A - Convenience Package
P9G - Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
S2 - Rhodium Silver Metallic
X73 - Sport Suspension
XFG - Instrument dials in Guards Red
XSX - Seat Belts in Guards Red

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
The "PTV car" has only one "performance" option -- the PTV...every other item is convenience/bling.. PTV is, in this car, just an added safety option --- and one you probably won't even "feel" with a stock suspension.
The "X-73 car" has Sport Chrono -- and that is a nice option for different throttle mapping and active transmission mounts. So you get the sports suspension and sports throttle mapping -- as well as P9G, etc. This is the more sporty configuration.

Full disclosure, I have a GTS with X-73 and PTV... I feel the X-73 in every ride, not sure if I've really experienced the PTV in action -- even with a track day.
Don

·
Registered
371 Posts
Currently , 2014-2015 you can not get the PTV without either the X73 or PASAM option.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I don't have either option (just PASM).....but if I had to do it over again, I would get both. X73 looks great and will be more noticieable to you than PTV. If I had to choose, I would get X73 first then PTV.

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
53 Posts
X73 for me, too. BTW, I picked up #1 on racerboy's list. Whereas it has PASM instead of X73, the deals on new GTS's through the source I used were too good to pass up. Didn't have faith in finding an allocation and didn't want to shop pre-owned.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Another vote for X73, handles better and looks better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Keep in Mind X73 can always be added on after later on as its a simple suspension swap, however PTV is a bit more tricky to do. I'd get the PTV car, cause its GTS so already has all the sport options. Then add the X73 down the track ($1500)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well to be fair, installing springs on this car is easily a 6+ hours job. Not exactly as simple as installing a set of Eibach springs on a Honda Civic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts