Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
4-5 hours of shop labor @ your local rate. I'd find a good independent shop not just for this but for everything but major problems. Dealers are good, but their fees are outrageous.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any ideas? Local shop quoted ~$2K for the part and $1700 for install including 4 wheel alignment.
I just had this done a couple of weeks ago. Parts were, as mentioned here, $1550 from Suncoast Porsche. The shop quoted me $950 for the install including the four wheel alignment. (plus 7% sales tax) I added a complete brake flush and refill with Castrol SRF ($80 per liter) and the total when I picked up the car was $1352. This was done by one of the larger and better known Porsche only repair facilities in New Jersey.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Thanks for all the response. I got couple of more quotes. One shop quoted $4,350 with 2 days for install!. Another shop quote $1600 for install and asked me to supply the part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got the X73 with front and rear sways sitting in the garage. Dealer in Nashville quoted 2000 (14.1 hours). Private shop is about 1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At least I found a shop who was OK to work on it if I provide the part. Others said the part has to be purchased through them.

Any one interested in group buy? Will ping suncoastparts for group discount.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The rear suspension on these cars is a bitch, that's the reason for the cost. You can change out the front yourself in roughly an hour if you've done car work before, but the rear requires removing the entire assembly including CVs. Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part Car

Reactions: DFW

·
Registered
34,417 Posts
Around NorCal the quotes I got ranged from $5.1k (dealer) to $3.2k (porsche mechanic shop). The average was about $4k. I did find one dealer who quoted $3.8k so I am working with them. Hoping for the best - waiting on the parts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm now starting to get lower quotes from more shops. A shop quoted $1200 yesterday. Looks like I might be able to get this done for $2.5K total.
I just had this done. 1550 + ~ $60 shipping from suncoast. My local Porsche dealer installed it, alignment and PWIS programming for 10 hours labor. about $1200.

Robert

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.