Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
X73 Rear Sway Bar on 2014 Boxster S w/ PASM - Track Use?

I just purchased a 2014 Boxster S with PASM. Before the purchase, I drove several Cayman S cars with the X73 Sport Suspension. I really liked it. But I couldn't find a BS with X73 in my local area. I like the car, but I'd like to reduce body lean and increase the crispness of the handling. I do not have Sport Chrono. I didn't feel it was necessary with my 6-speed transmission. I've searched out a few threads about adding just the X73 Rear Sway Bar to a PASM equipped car. It sounds like a pretty easy and inexpensive mod. For driving around town, I think it sounds pretty good.

What I have not been able to find is a discussion of what this mod is like on the track. I track my cars only about 2-3 events a year. I've had both a 2006 Cayman S and a 2012 Cayman R previously, and had many track days with the Caymans. I also have had a 2009 Carrera 4 on the track for a few days. My question is whether the rear bar without a front bar upsets track handling and adds too much oversteer, or whether it is a similar improvement to what is experienced in daily driving on twisty roads.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: X73 Rear Sway Bar on 2014 Boxster S w/ PASM - Track Use?

I added an X73 only in my 2010 CS, which I tracked a lot. Nice improvement and no noticeable increase in oversteer.

While the GT3 sway bar for the front is pretty cheap, it takes about 5 shop hours to have it installed. I did that on my '14 and am constantly being told by other drivers who were on the track behind me, that my car looked like it was on rails.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: X73 Rear Sway Bar on 2014 Boxster S w/ PASM - Track Use?

So despite the cost for installation, you are happy with the front GT3 bar? Does you '14 have PASM? Any noticeable downsides in daily driving?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just upgraded both of my sway bars, no difference on the street, seems better turn in, going to track this weekend so will report back. Rear sway bar is very easy front, is quite a bit of work. My front is the gt3 bar or what is used on the gt4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.